In this post, we will answer the question are refried beans a good source of fiber? We will provide you with the info you will need about fiber content in refried beans. We will also be comparing the fiber content in refried beans to that in several similar foods. Lastly, we will provide you with the fiber content in refried beans in several measurements.
Of course, you will also get the calorie count for everything, for context. If you’re ready, we can begin!
Quick Answer: Are refried beans a good source of fiber? Like most beans, they are quite good. Refried beans have 8.8 grams of fiber and 214.2 calories per cup. This is a decent amount of fiber for not that many calories. Of course, they are not as good as some fruits, most notably berries, but they still get the job done.
Experts suggest we eat 30 grams of fiber each day. To reach that amount you would need to eat 3.5 cups of refried beans. That’s 730 calories, which is a bit much. We suggest you make sure to combine refried beans with other foods that are rich in fiber. This will create a balanced diet.
Moving on, let’s compare the fiber content in refried beans to other foods.
Comparing Fiber In Refried Beans To Similar Foods
Refried beans have 8.8 grams of fiber and 214.2 calories per cup. (4.1 grams of fiber per 100 calories) Let’s see how this compares to similar foods:
- 1 cup of oatmeal has 4 grams of fiber and 158 calories. Oatmeal is not as good as refried beans when it comes to fiber. (2.53 grams of fiber per 100 calories).
- White rice has 1.4 grams of fiber and 195 calories per cup. This means it is also worse than refried beans. (0.72 grams of fiber per 100 calories).
- 1 cup of quinoa has 5 grams of fiber and 222 calories. Yet another food with a lower fiber content than refried beans. (2.22g per 100 calories)
- Peas have 7.2 grams of fiber and 124.8 calories per cup. Peas are a better choice for a fiber-rich diet than refried beans! (5.76 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- Cashews have 4.3 grams of fiber and 718.9 calories per one cup. They are significantly worse than refried beans. (0.59 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- A cup of peanuts has 12.4 grams of fiber and 827.9 calories. While not the worst here, they are still far worse than refried beans when it comes to fiber. (1.5 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
How Much Fiber Refried Beans Contain By Quantity
- 1 cup of refried beans has 8.8 grams of fiber and 214.2 calories.
- Refried beans have 3.7 grams of fiber and 90 calories per 100 grams.
- Refried beans have 1 gram of fiber and 25.5 calories per oz.
Refried beans are a pretty good source of fiber. There are better options out there, but with 8.8 grams of fiber per cup, you can’t go wrong with them either. For the best fiber-rich diet you will want to make sure to combine them with many different foods. This way you will easily rich the daily recommended amount of 30 grams of fiber.