Looking for a vegan leather mini backpack? Well - you're in luck. We've hand-curated 10 cruelty-free convenient small strapped bags made of faux leather and other man-made materials.
They're way easier to carry than a purse and much lighter on the back than a normal backpack. Check out what we've found...
1. Women's Black Faux Leather Mini Bow Backpack by Coofit
- Casual, petite women's backpack in black faux leather with a trim bow on the front.
- Product description states it can fit a 10" laptop and all your purse essentials.
- Zips from side to side with a stylish brass zipper.
- Advertised as vegan: No, but this mini backpack is advertised as faux leather.
- Pros: You can bring this little backpack to work, school or the movies on date night thanks to its simple but elegant design. And black does go with everything!
- Cons: None that we could find.
2. Women's Burgundy Vegan Crocodile Leather Mini Backpack by Urban Expressions
- Uber high-fashion burgundy mini backpack with a pebble-textured vegan leather front and faux crocodile all over the rest.
- Has multiple inner and outer compartments for extra storage space.
- Zips up with silver metal hardware.
- Advertised as vegan: No, but the material used is vegan leather.
- Pros: Truly a fashionista's dream in cruelty-free vegan leather and faux croc. This is the mini backpack you want to wear walking down a chic urban street.
- Cons: It's just getting into the expensive range.
3. Metallic Silver Faux Leather Women's Mini Backpack by Deux Lux
- Break out your clear wedges for this 90s style metallic silver backpack mini.
- Features a zippered front pocket to throw your smaller items in.
- Comes with a protective dust bag.
- Advertised as vegan: No. This bag is described as faux leather.
- Pros: From the metallic color to the mini style, this backpack has a vintage 90s appeal, but updated with a brushed texture and sleek design. Dress it up or down with jeans or a dress.
- Cons: This bag is definitely on the pricey side.
4. 90s Grunge Black Mini Backpack with Jumbo Gold Safety Pins from Topshop
- Get some 90s vibes with Topshop's Pandy Pin black mini backpack.
- Featuring gold studs and jumbo safety pins embellished with little gold medallions.
- Flip-top design with a drawstring closure underneath.
- Bottom front pocket closes with another flip-top for a stacked look.
- Advertised as vegan: No. This backpack is described as 100% polyester.
- Pros: Some may say that 90s grunge never went away, but it sure seems more popular than ever. You'll be right in style with this little gem. No need to go full 90s in your outfit — let your backpack do the work.
- Cons: The style is cute but limited in terms of where you can sport it. Best worn in casual settings.
5. Cognac Faux Leather Dome Mini Backpack by Universal Thread
No products found.
- Elegant and down-to-earth, this cognac mini can travel anywhere.
- Designed with adjustable straps and a zippered inner pocket.
- Zips across the top and around the front pocket with faux leather-tasseled zippers.
- Advertised as vegan: No, but all materials listed are synthetic.
- Pros: You really can use this bag for just about all your needs. Take it to work, on a hike or to the airport as a carry-on bag. Best of all, it will complement button-down office blouses, bodycon dresses, jeans, shorts...
- Cons: Some reviewers have discovered that the zipper is a little stiff at first.
6. Women's Taupe Faux Suede Mini Backpack from Violet Ray
No products found.
No products found.
- A mini backpack with sophisticated style in taupe faux suede.
- Front flap doubles as an extra zippered pocket.
- Side zippers are built in to expand the bag when you need a little more room.
- Advertised as vegan: No. This backpack is faux suede according to the description.
- Pros: Whether you're headed to the office or the museum, this polished bag can help take the weight off your (one) shoulder if you're used to a crossbody or tote bag. Especially thanks to the expandable zippers, it's big for a mini backpack, which means you can take it far and wide without worrying about leaving the important things behind.
- Cons: None to our knowledge.
7. Clueless Baby blue Faux Fur and Plaid Mini Backpack by River Island
- Totally Cher from Clueless. This baby blue mini backpack has faux leather paneling, a plaid flip top and faux fur detailing on the front.
- Features side zippers with gold toned hardware.
- Snaps shut with a gold closure on the front.
- Advertised as vegan: No, but the description shows all faux fur and vegan leather construction.
- Pros: Get this funky bag to match your wild side. It's meant to be seen in all its fuzzy, embellished glory. Toss it on with flared jeans and a front-tie shirt.
- Cons: This is the kind of bag you use when the mood strikes, so it may not see as much action as other day bags.
8. Black Faux Croc Mini Convertible Backpack by Asos Design
- Another fabulous designer bag from Asos made from black faux crocodile leather.
- Easily converts to a handbag without the removable shoulder straps.
- Straightforward fold-over design with a handle that passes through the flap.
- Secured with a metal fastener.
- Advertised as vegan: No, but Asos uses faux leather to make this bag.
- Pros: It's beautiful and luxurious as a backpack, but the best thing about it is that it makes a gorgeous evening bag when you need one. And it's so reasonably priced.
- Cons: It's a handbag without the straps, which is only a con if you hate having to hold onto your bags without a strap to drape across your body.
9. Women's Beige Fringe Vegan Leather Mini Backpack by Melie Bianco
- So trendy with 70s fringe detailing, this light beige vegan leather backpack is meant to be seen.
- Fringed on the sides of the body toward the font and back.
- Closes with a drawstring top and magnetic clasp underneath the flap.
- Advertised as vegan: Yes.
- Pros: The vendor states that this bag is made with premium vegan leather, so we expect that it's supple, soft and resilient. This is one of those minis that looks more like a purse than a backpack, making it a great compromise for someone who doesn't want to go full backpack. Wear it with a slinky dress and trendy thigh-high boots.
- Cons: We didn't find any cons that stood out for this one.
10. Women's Cutout Design Blue Faux Leather Mini Backpack by Splendid
- A little something different from Splendid with a perforated pattern on the blue faux leather front and honey brown straps.
- Zips up with silver zippers adorned with blue faux leather tassels.
- Has a built-in front pocket to slip receipts into.
- Advertised as vegan: No, but the bag is marked as faux leather on Shopbop.
- Pros: For a casual backpack, this one is quite detailed with its cutout design on the front and contrasting colors. It's smart and elegant with an urban feel. Great with a dressed-down but stylish outfit.
- Cons: It's pricey, but it's very unique and sophisticated.