Are you wondering about Jalapeños and their Vitamin C Content? You’ve come to the right place.
In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know.
Let’s start with the first question – Do Jalapenos Contain Vitamin C?
Quick Answer: Yes! Jalapenos are an excellent source of Vitamin C. They are one of the highest Vitamin C foods that you can find.
Vitamin C Content of Jalapenos
- For every 100 calories of Jalapenos, you get 409 mg of Vitamin C.
- This equates to 4.09 mg of Vitamin C per calorie.
- One 2-inch long Jalapeno Contains about 16 mg of Vitamin C.
Are Jalapenos a Good Source of Vitamin C?
To figure out if Jalapenos are a good source of Vitamin C, let’s see how they compare to some other foods. Remember, they contain 0.081 mg of Vitamin C per 100 calories or 0.00081 mg per 1 calorie.
- Blueberries have 17 mg of Vitamin C per 100 calories or 0.17 mg per calorie.
- Green Hot Chili Peppers have 402 mg of Vitamin C per 100 calories or 4.02 mg per calorie.
- Green Bell Peppers have 606.3 mg of Vitamin C per 100 calories or 6.06 mg per calorie.
- Red Sweet Peppers have 401.2 mg of Vitamin C per 100 calories or 4.01 mg per calorie.
- Raw Red Cabbages have 183.9 mg of Vitamin C per 100 calories or 1.84 mg per calorie.
- Eggplants have 8.8 mg of Vitamin C per 100 calories or 0.088 mg per calorie.
In Conclusion: Jalapenos are an excellent garnish that you can add to dishes to get a ton of extra Vitamin C. Be sure to remove the seeds if you don’t like them super spicy.