Are you wondering about Feijoas and their Vitamin C Content? You’ve come to the right place.
In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know.
Let’s start with the first question – Do Feijoas Contain Vitamin C?
Quick Answer: Yes! Feijoas are a decent source of Vitamin C. However, their Vitamin C content per calorie isn’t as high as other fruits.
Vitamin C Content of Feijoas
- For every 100 calories of Feijoas, you get 53 mg of Vitamin C.
- This equates to 0.530 mg of Vitamin C per calorie.
Are Feijoas a Good Source of Vitamin C?
To figure out if Feijoas are a good source of Vitamin C, let’s see how they compare to some other foods. Remember, they contain 53 mg of Vitamin C per 100 calories or 0.530 mg per 1 calorie
- Guava contains 339.4mg of Vitamin C per 100 calories or 3.394mg per calorie.
- Pineapples contain 95 mg of Vitamin C per 100 calories or 0.950 mg per calorie.
- Quince contains 26.5 mg of Vitamin C per 100 calories or 0.265mg per calorie.
In Conclusion: To make sure you get enough Vitamin C per day, make sure to eat feijoas along with other foods that are high in this nutrient such as guava, kale, bell peppers and lemons.