Are you wondering about Feijoas and their Vitamin C Content? You’ve come to the right place.
In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know.
Let’s start with the first question – Do Feijoas Contain Vitamin C?
Quick Answer: Yes! Feijoas are a decent source of Vitamin C. However, their Vitamin C content per calorie isn’t as high as other fruits.
Vitamin C Content of Feijoas
- For every 100 calories of Feijoas, you get 53 mg of Vitamin C.
- This equates to 0.530 mg of Vitamin C per calorie.
Are Feijoas a Good Source of Vitamin C?
To figure out if Feijoas are a good source of Vitamin C, let’s see how they compare to some other foods. Remember, they contain 53 mg of Vitamin C per 100 calories or 0.530 mg per 1 calorie
- Guava contains 339.4mg of Vitamin C per 100 calories or 3.394mg per calorie.
- Pineapples contain 95 mg of Vitamin C per 100 calories or 0.950 mg per calorie.
- Quince contains 26.5 mg of Vitamin C per 100 calories or 0.265mg per calorie.
In Conclusion: To make sure you get enough Vitamin C per day, make sure to eat feijoas along with other foods that are high in this nutrient such as guava, kale, bell peppers and lemons.
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!