Are you looking for the best toaster for English Muffins? Then you’ve come to the right place. In this comprehensive guide, we will not only provide you details of how to choose the right roaster for you, but also the factors to consider before you make your purchase.
Check out our top 3 picks below on Amazon or keep reading for the entire guide…
Last update on 2019-10-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Factors To Consider
The size of your toaster is extremely important when it comes to determining whether or not to buy it. Firstly, there’s the issue of space. If you’ve got a tiny apartment, or a small table, you don’t want your toaster taking up half of it.
The second most important part about size is that bigger toasters tend to have more toast slots available. For example, a larger toaster might allow you to make more English muffins at once. One with 4 slots is generally twice as quick as one with two. This can be especially important if you’re making muffins/toast for many people, in which case the added efficiency is at a premium.
Read Also: Best Toaster for Artisan Bread
Ease of Cleaning
At the end of every few uses of your toaster comes the tedious part of cleaning it. Let’s face it, nobody likes washing dishes, and toasters can be some of the most annoying ones to wash. If it won’t disassemble, you’ll be stuck with trying(and probably failing) to scrub its insides properly.
This is why the ease of cleaning of a toaster is incredibly important. After all, the toaster is a device meant to save time(otherwise you’d just put all you need toasted in the oven) and energy. If the cleaning process takes you hours, then it isn’t doing very well at that.
This is yet another category that’s pretty self-explanatory. This, in our opinion at least, is a better thing to consider than price if you’re on a budget. Sure, one toaster might be $20 while the other is $50, but the $50 one might last 4-5 times as long as the $20 one. This makes it cheaper in the long run.
Additionally, durability is important for minimizing stress, nobody likes their stuff breaking after all.
Settings, AKA versatility, is how well your toaster can adapt to your needs. For example, if you like brown toast, but your toaster can only make light toast, you won’t be very satisfied.
This can extend to pretty much every preference. Maybe you like your muffins hard on the outside but soft on the inside? Regardless, the more settings your toaster has, the more likely it is to fulfill your needs.
Other Uses Besides English Muffins
After all, you won’t just be using your toaster for English muffins(or if you are, you might want to consider visiting a doctor soon.) This factor deals precisely with that. You want your toaster to be able to do as many things as possible.
Best Toasters For English Muffins
Cuisinart CPT-180 Metal Classic 4-Slice Toaster
While it is a bit expensive, the Cuisinart CPT-180 Metal Classic is without a doubt the best of these toasters. The incredible versatility it has, alongside a sleek and intuitive design solidify it as the best English muffin toaster on the market right now.
- The dual control panel enables you to use the Cuisinart as two toasters rather than one. This can be extremely useful if you and a friend like your muffins done differently, but you only have one toaster. Alternatively, you can use it to try out different kinds of muffin simultaneously.
- It has custom control of a whopping 6 settings, in addition to dual reheat, defrost and bagel buttons with LED indicators. This gives you unparalleled control of exactly how your muffin is going to end up.
- At 11.15″ L x10.65″ W x7.5″ H it’s extremely space-conservative for what is essentially two high-quality toasters in one.
- It’s extremely sturdy, the all-metal construction is basically impossible to break. While harder falls might mess up the inner workings a bit, if you treat it responsibly, it’ll be with you for a lifetime.
- It’s very easy to wash, parts of it can be disassembled and taken out, the sleek metal is also very easy to clean.
- It is a bit pricy compared to most other toasters on the market.
- The bagel mode is a bit lacking according to some users, though most seem to have no problems with it.
AmazonBasics 2 Slice Extra Wide Slot Toaster – Black
This is a simple, yet extremely effective toaster. It sports the traditional two-slot design, although it has made some crucial improvements on the traditional toaster formula. If you are just looking for a good toaster for yourself, and not anything “overkill” like the Cuisinart, this may be the toaster for you.
- The extra width of the slots enables you to toast thicker English muffins, and gives them more room to expand, this also helps prevent the muffins from burning.
- It boasts 6 shade settings, which due to the toaster’s width, are extremely accurate and consistent. If you press “brown” you don’t risk your toast coming up lukewarm with this toaster.
- It has LED indicators for which settings are active, which are covered by a 1 year guarantee. This is quite useful if you like alternating the way you prepare your muffins/toast.
- The extra width means it takes up more space than a “normal” two-slot toaster would. If you live in a small place/have a very small table, you might want to sleep on this one.
- Some users report off-gassing problems with the toaster, so those with more sensitive noses might not like it.
Hamilton Beach Cool Wall 2 Slice Toaster, Red
If you’re tired of all the copious settings, levers, and buttons, then the Hamilton Beach Cool Wall 2 might be the toaster for you. It’s a toaster, that well, just simply toasts what you put in it. It’s not overly large, though it can fit English muffins/Bagels in it just fine.
- It’s simple and effective. While it doesn’t have a million settings for min-maxing your toast, it does offer unparalleled simplicity and efficiency. You can still select the basic shade of your toast as well, so you don’t lose too much.
- It automatically shuts off when done, meaning you won’t risk burning up your apartment, or worse, having to foot that huge electricity bill. The cold walls of the toaster also won’t burn you if you touch them, which is a plus.
- It’s extremely durable, because of its simplicity it’s much less likely to break down than a more complex toaster.
- In its simplicity, you might sometimes find that features you were used to before are missing from this toaster.
- Some customers have complained that after a while, if uncleaned, the toaster can sometimes produce uneven toast.
KRUPS Breakfast Set 4-Slot Toaster, 4 Slots With Dual Independent Control Panel
This is another setting-packed “double” toaster so to speak. Its metal construction gives it sturdiness which is unmatched by most other toasters. It also comes with cord storage under a 2 year Amazon guarantee.
- The self-centering slots take the hassle out of navigating your toast to the exact middle of the slot. This results in more even toast, and an easier time when using the toaster.
- The high-lift lever and crumb tray make cleaning a breeze, in addition to making taking out toast a simple task.
- It comes with a step-by-step user manual, and a PDF file containing the details on all of the toaster’s settings.
- Some customers have reported uneven toasting, sometimes the toaster will make a mistake and only toast the top half of the bread. Most users, however, haven’t experienced this issue.
- It can sometimes take a while to finish toasting, however, it makes up for this with low electricity use.
Oster 2-Slice Toaster
This is a compact, simple toaster. It’s arguably the smallest toaster on this list. If you’re looking for a compact toaster that still has a variety of options, then this toaster might be the one for you!
- Its compact and surprisingly simple for the amount of settings it has. It feels like the perfect mid-point between a bare-bones toaster and one of the 4-slot monstrosities above.
- It has auto-centered slots, which even support slices thicker than a bagle. This can let you make very thick English muffins, if that’s your jam.
- It has 7 darkness settings, from light to brown, as well as three others, frozen, bagel, and pastry.
- Occasionally, if used too much, the toaster is prone to overheating, upon which it may be unusable for a few minutes until it cools off.
- Like most plastic toasters, it can be quite difficult to clean if it gets dirty.
Hamilton’s Beach Slice Toaster With Keep Warm Settings
This toaster is made with a longer, business day in mind. It features unique features like “keep warm” which are designed for an enterpreneurs, hyper time-sensitive way of living. If you need to be at the office within 10 minutes, don’t worry about it, just turn on the “keep warm” setting and be on your merry way.
- The “Keep Warm” setting lets you leave your toast in the toaster without risking any burns, this can be extremely nice to have if you don’t want to have your toast immediately.
- The all-metal construction makes this toaster very easy to clean if you spill anything on it, or even if you just want to scrub out the bars for easier toasting.
- It sports all the functions you really need, such as “defrost” “bagel” and the basic 6 shades of doneness. This makes the toaster excellent for everyone bar food connoisseurs.
- Occasionally, the toaster will toast unevenly. This isn’t a common complaint, however certain users have noted it happens sometimes.
- Certain users have complained that while it’s an excellent toaster, its longevity isn’t very high. On the other hand, many users have not had these issues even after years of use.
Which toaster to pick is a difficult issue. In general, it will depend on two things: How much you care about how your muffins are done, and what kind of lifestyle you lead.
If you’re a rich entrepreneur living in downtown NYC, you will have the room and funds for the best of the best. In this case the Cuisinart Toaster CPT-180 Metal Classic.
On the other hand, if you’re an aspiring musician trying to make their way up from their small studio apartment that doesn’t really care about the finer details, then the Hamilton Beach might be the toaster for you.