Are you looking for the best toaster for English Muffins? Then you’ve come to the right place. In this comprehensive guide, we will provide you with details of choosing the right roaster for you and the factors to consider before you make your purchase.
Check out our top 3 picks below on Amazon, or keep reading for the entire guide…
Factors To Consider
The size of your toaster is essential when it comes to determining whether or not to buy it. Firstly, there’s the issue of space. If you’ve got a tiny apartment or a small table, you don’t want your toaster taking up half of it.
The second most important part about size is that bigger toasters tend to have more toast slots available. For example, a larger toaster might allow you to make more English muffins at once. One with four slots is generally twice as quick as one with two. This can be especially important if you’re making muffins/toast for many people, in which case the added efficiency is at a premium.
Read Also: Best Toaster for Artisan Bread
Ease of Cleaning
At the end of every few uses of your toaster comes the tedious part of cleaning it. Let’s face it, nobody likes washing dishes, and toasters can be some of the most annoying ones to wash. If it doesn’t disassemble, you’ll be stuck with trying(and probably failing) to scrub its insides properly.
This is why the ease of cleaning a toaster is essential. After all, the toaster is a device meant to save time(otherwise, you’d just put all you need toasted in the oven) and energy. If the cleaning process takes hours, it isn’t doing very well.
This is yet another pretty self-explanatory category. This, in our opinion at least, is a better thing to consider than price if you’re on a budget. Sure, one toaster might be $20 while the other is $50, but the $50 one might last 4-5 times as long as the $20 one. This makes it cheaper in the long run.
Additionally, durability is vital for minimizing stress; nobody likes their stuff breaking after all.
Settings, AKA versatility, is how well your toaster can adapt to your needs. For example, if you like brown toast, but your toaster can only make light toast, you won’t be delighted.
This can extend to pretty much every preference. Maybe you like your muffins hard on the outside but soft on the inside? Regardless, the more settings your toaster has, the more likely it will fulfill your needs.
Other Uses Besides English Muffins
After all, you won’t just be using your toaster for English muffins(or if you are, you might want to consider visiting a doctor soon.) This factor deals precisely with that. You want your toaster to be able to do as many things as possible.
Best Toasters For English Muffins
Cuisinart CPT-180 Metal Classic 4-Slice Toaster
While it is a bit expensive, the Cuisinart CPT-180 Metal Classic is, without a doubt, the best of these toasters. The incredible versatility it has, alongside a sleek and intuitive design, solidifies it as the best English muffin toaster on the market right now.
- The dual control panel enables you to use the Cuisinart as two toasters rather than one. This can be extremely useful if you and a friend like your muffins differently, but you only have one toaster. Alternatively, you can use it to try out different kinds of muffins simultaneously.
- It has custom control of a whopping six settings, in addition to dual reheat, defrost, and bagel buttons with LED indicators. This gives you unparalleled control of exactly how your muffin will end up.
- At 11.15″ L x10.65″ W x7.5″ H it’s extremely space-conservative for what is essentially two high-quality toasters in one.
- It’s exceptionally sturdy; the all-metal construction is impossible to break. While harder falls might mess up the inner workings a bit, it’ll be with you for a lifetime if you treat it responsibly.
- It’s very easy to wash, parts of it can be disassembled and taken out, the sleek metal is also very easy to clean.
- It is a bit pricy compared to most other toasters on the market.
- According to some users, the bagel mode is a bit lacking, though most seem to have no problems with it.
Related Article: Best Bread Machine for Beginners (Top 7 Options)
AmazonBasics 2 Slice Extra Wide Slot Toaster – Black
This is a simple yet extremely effective toaster. Although it has made some crucial improvements to the traditional toaster formula, it sports the traditional two-slot design. If you are looking for a good toaster for yourself and not anything “overkill” like the Cuisinart, this may be the toaster for you.
- The extra width of the slots enables you to toast thicker English muffins and gives them more room to expand; this also helps prevent the muffins from burning.
- It boasts six shade settings, which are extremely accurate and consistent due to the toaster’s width. If you press “brown,” you don’t risk your toast coming up lukewarm with this toaster.
- It has LED indicators for which a 1-year guarantee covers active settings. This is quite useful if you like alternating the way you prepare your muffins/toast.
- The extra width means it takes up more space than a “normal” two-slot toaster would. If you live in a small place/have a very small table, you might want to sleep on this one.
- Some users report off-gassing problems with the toaster, so those with more sensitive noses might not like it.
Hamilton Beach Cool Wall 2 Slice Toaster, Red
If you’re tired of all the copious settings, levers, and buttons, then the Hamilton Beach Cool Wall 2 might be the toaster for you. It’s a toaster, that well, just simply toasts what you put in it. It’s not overly large, though it can fit English muffins/Bagels in it just fine.
- It’s simple and effective. While it doesn’t have a million settings for min-maxing your toast, it does offer unparalleled simplicity and efficiency. You can still select the basic shade of your toast as well, so you don’t lose too much.
- It automatically shuts off when done, meaning you won’t risk burning up your apartment, or worse, having to foot that huge electricity bill. The cold walls of the toaster also won’t burn you if you touch them, which is a plus.
- It’s extremely durable; because of its simplicity, it’s much less likely to break down than a more complex toaster.
- In its simplicity, you might sometimes find that features you were used to before are missing from this toaster.
- Some customers have complained that if uncleaned, the toaster can sometimes produce uneven toast after a while.
You Might Also Like: Best Oven Thermometer For Baking (Top 5 Choices)
KRUPS Breakfast Set 4-Slot Toaster, 4 Slots With Dual Independent Control Panel
This is another setting-packed “double” toaster, so to speak. Its metal construction gives it sturdiness which is unmatched by most other toasters. It also comes with cord storage under a 2-year Amazon guarantee.
- The self-centering slots take the hassle out of navigating your toast to the exact middle of the slot. This results in more even toast and an easier time using the toaster.
- The high-lift lever and crumb tray make cleaning a breeze, in addition to making taking out toast a simple task.
- It comes with a step-by-step user manual and a PDF file containing the details on all of the toaster’s settings.
- Some customers have reported uneven toasting; sometimes, the toaster will make a mistake and only toast the top half of the bread. Most users, however, haven’t experienced this issue.
- It can sometimes take a while to finish toasting; however, low electricity use makes up for this.
Oster 2-Slice Toaster
This is a compact, simple toaster. It’s arguably the smallest toaster on this list. If you’re looking for a compact toaster that still has a variety of options, then this toaster might be the one for you!
- It’s compact and surprisingly simple for the number of settings it has. It feels like the perfect mid-point between a bare-bones toaster and one of the 4-slot monstrosities above.
- It has auto-centered slots, which even support slices thicker than a bagel. This can let you make very thick English muffins if that’s your jam.
- It has seven levels of darkness settings, from light to brown, and three others, frozen, bagel, and pastry.
- Occasionally, if used too much, the toaster is prone to overheating, upon which it may be unusable for a few minutes until it cools off.
- Like most plastic toasters, it can be quite tricky to clean if it gets dirty.
Read Also: Best Toaster for Artisan Bread (7 Great Options)
Hamilton’s Beach Slice Toaster With Keep Warm Settings
This toaster is made with a long business day in mind. It features unique features like “keep warm,” which are designed for an entrepreneur, hyper time-sensitive way of living. If you need to be at the office within 10 minutes, don’t worry about it; just turn on the “keep warm” setting and be on your merry way.
- The “Keep Warm” setting lets you leave your toast in the toaster without risking any burns; this can be extremely nice to have if you don’t want to have your toast immediately.
- The all-metal construction makes this toaster very easy to clean if you spill anything on it or even if you want to scrub out the bars for easier toasting.
- It sports all the functions you really need, such as “defrost” “bagel” and the basic six shades of doneness. This makes the toaster excellent for all bar food connoisseurs.
- Occasionally, the toaster will toast unevenly. This isn’t a common complaint; however certain users have noted, it happens sometimes.
- Certain users have complained that while it’s an excellent toaster, its longevity isn’t very high. On the other hand, many users have not had these issues even after years of use.
Further Reading: Best Toaster for Even Browning (Top 7 Options)
Which toaster to pick is a difficult issue. In general, it will depend on two things: How much you care about how your muffins are done, and what kind of lifestyle you lead.
If you’re a rich entrepreneur living in downtown NYC, you will have the room and funds for the best of the best. In this case, the Cuisinart Toaster CPT-180 Metal Classic.
On the other hand, if you’re an aspiring musician trying to make their way up from their small studio apartment that doesn’t care about the finer details, then the Hamilton Beach might be the toaster for you.
BONUS: If you like vegan recipes with tofu, consider removing the excess moisture from the tofu by using a tofu press. Not only will this improve the texture, but it will also make the tofu more flavorful when you season or marinate it. If you want to make your extra tofu awesome, then you’ll want to check out our best tofu press guide.
Related Article: Best Sifter For Almond Flour
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!