Ginger shots are a great pick me up for those mid-day blues. I tried my first ginger shot on the streets of Amsterdam when I was jet lagged and extremely tired. I was amazed at how good it made me feel.
It’s one of the few things that gives me a jolt of mental clarity without caffeine.
Now, you can pay a hefty price for ginger shots at your local juice shop, or you can just make them right at home. Since ginger is so cheap at the grocery store, these ginger shots will literally cost you pennies! Once you see how easy it is, there’s no going back to buying them individually.
Related Article: 27 Different Types of Blenders
I like to make them in my Nutribullet Pro because of it’s small size, but almost any blender will do the job. You can certainly use a Vitamix or Blendtec if you choose, but just make sure you’ve got enough ginger for a larger container.
Ready to learn how to do it? Watch the video below or keep scrolling for step by step directions.
Ginger Shots Without a Juicer (Using a Blender)
- 1 medium piece of ginger
- 1 lemon (optional)
- Use a spoon to peel the ginger. Simply place the ginger on a cutting board and scrape the spoon away from you against the skin of the ginger. It doesn’t have to be perfectly peeled, but remove as much of the skin as you can.
- Cut the ginger into manageable pieces to make it easier for the blender to turn it into pulp.
- Place the ginger into the blender cup/jar and pour just enough water so that it covers the top of the ginger. If using lemon juice, add 1/2 squeezed lemon per medium piece of ginger along with the water.
Recommended Article: 10 Hand Blender with Whisk Attachment Options That Are a Bargain
- Blend the ginger for 30-60 seconds.
- Take a look at the final product and make sure that it’s 100% pulp. It should look like this picture.
- Pour the pulpy ginger juice into a nut milk bag over a bowl or cup.
- Use your hand to squeeze out the liquid from the bag.
- Pour ginger shots into shot glasses or use the juice for cooking. Save leftovers in the refrigerator. They will last around 3-5 days.
- Bottoms up! Enjoy your ginger shots!
Further Reading: How to Clean the Bottom of a Blender (3 Easy Ways)