Looking for a college mini fridge microwave combo unit for dorms, apartments or other compact spaces? We've selected 6 options that will give you a ton of food storage and cooking capability with an extremely small footprint.
Let's check out these mini fridges with microwaves.
See the summary of our top 3 choices below or keep reading for all of the options...
BEST OVERALL PICK
- Cools down quickly.
- Quick and easy set up.
- Internal smoke sensor.
SMALL YET PREMIUM OPTION
- Fits in small spaces.
- Surprising amount of storage space.
- Single plug.
TOP MEDIUM SIZED OPTION
- Has everything you need for the entire kitchen.
- To go cups if you're on the run.
- Powerful blades and motor can do just about anything you'd ever need.
To learn more, you may also check out Best Microwave Toaster Oven Combo.
This powerful microwave and refrigerator combination has been carefully and securely bracketed together so that you don’t have to worry about the whole unit accidentally falling over. Additionally, they only use one plug to connect to the wall, so you won’t take up an entire outlet when plugging into this powerful appliance.
Even though this is a smaller fridge than a traditional refrigerator, you won’t have to worry about whether or not you will have enough room inside for all of the food that you want to keep cold, as it has an ample 3.6 cubic feet, which is one of the larger options available on the market.
The door can easily be reversed, which is great if you are worried about how you are going to set up your new refrigerator in a small space, and you can take advantage of the charging station to charge your small electronics without having to move the appliance to reach the wall outlet. Because the top portion of the refrigerator is a freezer, you won’t have to worry about whether or not you can keep items frozen with this appliance, as well.
- Internal smoke sensor will stop the microwave in case of an emergency before damage is done
- Cools down quickly so you can immediately put food inside
- It is easy to set up the refrigerator and to change the orientation of the door using only a Phillips head screwdriver
- At 82.5 pounds, it may be difficult for some people to easily move this refrigerator by themselves
Related Article: Can You Microwave Styrofoam? (Here's What You Need to Know)
Not only is this refrigerator and microwave combination appliance powerful and able to quickly heat up leftovers or keep them at a safe and cold temperature, but the stainless steel finish looks great and is sure to improve the appearance of your room.
While it is not the largest refrigerator and microwave combo on the market, at 2.3 cubic feet, there is still plenty of room inside the refrigerator for you to store leftovers and condiments. Not only can you plug a small appliance into the charging station of this microwave, but there are also two USB ports, which makes it easy to quickly charge your phone, tablet, or other device.Thanks to the can dispenser, you will be able to store canned sodas and drinks along the inside of the door so they aren’t taking up too much room on the shelves. Additionally, this microwave is complete with an internal smoke sensor that is designed specifically to alert you to food that is burning. The microwave will shut down when the smoke sensor detects a problem, keeping you from the dangers of a fire.
- Although there is plenty of room for storing food inside, the appliance itself isn’t very big, making it ideal for a dorm
- The single plug for the microwave and refrigerator mean that you won’t be using a whole outlet when you plug in this appliance
- There are some reports of the microwave not working as well as it should
If you want a new cheap but high quality microwave for your dorm, check out our guide for the Best Microwave for College Dorm Room so you can decide which one to purchase.
Not only does the sleek black finish of this refrigerator and microwave combination look great in most any space, it also stands up to wear and tear and won’t look worn down or dirty, which makes it a great option for a dorm room or in a play area of your home.
The crisper bin at the bottom of the refrigerator will help to keep all of your produce fresh and delicious, and because you can open the freezer separately from the refrigerator, you don’t have to worry about letting out a lot of cold air or accidentally heating up what you have stored in the freezer. Additionally, the beverage dispenser and the bottle storage mean that you have ample room to store your drinks in the door so that they don’t take up too much space on the shelf.
The single plug prevents you from using the entire outlet when you plug in this appliance, and the three minute delay is a great feature. This delay prevents the compressor from being worn out and prevents your refrigerator from breaking when you plug it in.
- Offers enough space for snacks and drinks in a dorm or playroom
- Lighter than other models on the market, which makes it easier to move
- There are some reports of the refrigerator being easily crushed when moved and the sides being pushed in on themselves
- Some users have reported that the glass shelf inside is prone to shattering
You Might Also Like: Can You Microwave Wax Paper? (Here's What You Need to Know)
If you are looking for a larger refrigerator microwave combination unit that will allow you to quickly cool and heat your food, then you will love this attractive black option from Microfridge. Not only is the appliance Energy Star rated, which means that you won’t end up overpaying when you have this unit plugged in and running, but it is designed to be easy to set up and to use.
Thanks to the lower energy consumption of just 258 kWh a year, you don’t need to worry about your electric bill increasing with this unit. When you open the single door you will have immediate access to both the freezer and the refrigerator.
Additionally, this appliance comes with an automatic defrost option that will make it easy for you to clean out the freezer section and ensure that you do not have a lot of frost buildup.
- Uses very low wattage even though there are two appliances
- Easy for children to open the door and grab a snack without needing parental help
- Some users have reported that the refrigerator tends to wobble, which makes the whole unit unstable
- There are reports of the door not being level with the bottom of the refrigerator
The stainless steel on the outside of this refrigerator is very attractive, durable, and won’t easily be marked or marred if you accidentally bump into your new appliance. This means that not only does it look great now, but it will also look great in the future and will add a lot of style to your room.
This unit only uses 195 kWh of energy each year, making it one of the most energy efficient models on the market and a great choice for anyone who is on a budget or who is very interested in helping to save the environment by reducing the amount of energy that they use. The safe plug helps to prevent against circuit overloads and ensures that your new refrigerator and microwave combination won’t be damaged by electrical surges.
Additionally, like other models from Microfridge, this appliance has a built in smoke sensor to prevent food that you are heating up from accidentally causing a fire, which can be disastrous.
- Convenient USB ports make charging your other devices incredibly fast and easy
- Two separate doors for the freezer and refrigerator prevent food from warming up while you are looking inside
- Designed so that you do not accidentally trip a breaker when running the microwave
- There are reports that the refrigerator needs to be upright an unplugged for three hours for every hour that it lays down, which can make transporting and setting up your new refrigerator incredibly time consuming
Recommended Article: Can You Microwave Wood? (What You Need to Know)
No products found.
Even though you need to assemble this refrigerator and microwave combination, the included bracket kit and instructions make it incredibly easy to do so.
With an electric drill, as well as the included parts, you will be able to have your new appliance up and running in very little time. The adjustable thermometer and the interior light inside the refrigerator make it really easy to control the temperature of your appliance and to see your food. The microwave has a power outlet that can be used to charge your phone or tablet or can be used to plug in a coffee maker or other small kitchen appliance.
- Refrigerator section has an auto defrost feature so that you don’t have to deal with food that has been frostbitten
- There is plenty of storage room in the door of the refrigerator
- There are some users who are frustrated by having to assemble the parts of this appliance together themselves
- This appliance is not ready to be used in a dorm room without the additional amp overload protector