Peanut butter is a tasty snack and has applications both sweet and savory. It can be found in a variety of cuisines from Asian peanut noodles to the classic peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
But what about adding peanut butter to smoothies and sauces that you make at home.
The question is: Can you put peanut butter in a blender?
Quick Answer: You can absolutely put peanut butter in almost any blender. It will thicken up a smoothie, or be used by itself to make sauces. Even the least powerful blenders will have no problem processing peanut butter. Add it to a smoothie, protein shake, or whatever you like!
How to Make Peanut Butter in a Blender
Making peanut butter in a blender is easy:
- Start with roasted peanuts (ideally with no other added oils or salt)
- Add roasted peanuts to blender or food processor. Ideally fill to around half capacity of the vessel.
- Press pulse to get the grind going.
- Pulse a few times until the bottom parts of the peanuts are broken into a paste.
- If things are getting stuck, stop blending and push them towards the blades.
- Repeat until a blending vortex is formed and the peanut butter is falling into itself and becomes smooth.
Can I Put Peanut Butter in a Blender Bottle?
Yes! You can peanut butter in a blender bottle. The blender ball should have no issue blending the peanut butter into the rest of the liquid in the bottle.
Can You Put Peanut Butter in a Protein Shaker?
As long as the protein shaker has a blender ball (or something similar), you can put peanut butter in a protein shaker. As long as you have enough liquid
Can I Use a Blender Instead of a Food Processor to Make Peanut Butter
Absolutely! Almost any blender can make peanut butter. However, you need to make sure that you put the correct amounts of peanuts in the blender jar. If you place too little, the blender will not form a vortex and the peanuts won’t get ground and blended. And if you put too many, you may overwork the blender. Try filling your blender to half about half capacity to avoid this.
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!