Wondering if Triscuits are a good source of fiber? You’ve come to the right place. You will find out everything you want to know about this topic by reading this post.
- To start things off you will learn the fiber count in Triscuits while discovering how good of a source of fiber they actually are.
- Following that, we will be comparing the fiber amount in Triscuits with other similar foods.
- Finally, we will provide you with the fiber count in multiple measurements of Triscuits. Of course, we won’t forget the calorie count.
Let’s start with this topic!
Quick Answer: Are Triscuits a good source of fiber? They are not that bad, actually. A cup of Triscuits has 8.4 grams of fiber and 303 calories. While that calorie count is pretty big, you actually do get a decent amount of fiber there as well.
To put things into perspective, you need to eat 30 grams of fiber daily. To get to that amount with Triscuits alone, you would need 3.5 cups. This is a bit over 1,000 calories, which is a bit much.
This is why you should combine Triscuits with other foods for the best fiber-rich diet. Let’s see how they compare to similar foods.
Table of Contents
Comparing Fiber In Triscuits To Similar Foods
You now know that a cup of Triscuits has 8.4 grams of fiber and 303 calories. (2.8 grams of fiber per 100 calories) Let’s compare them to some other foods to see how well they fare:
- One cup of Corn Flakes has 0.7g of fiber and 100 calories. They are a much worse source of fiber than Triscuits. (0.7 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- Cheerios have 2.6 grams of fiber and 105.3 calories per cup. They are quite similar to Triscuits. (2.5 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- 100 grams of chia seeds has 24.4 grams of fiber and 486 calories. They are a much better source of fiber than Triscuits. (5 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- Quinoa has 5 grams of fiber and 222 calories per cup meaning it is a bit worse than Triscuits as a source of fiber but still similar. (2.22 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- 1 cup of oatmeal has 4 grams of fiber and 158 calories. This is another food that has a similar fiber content as Triscuits. (2.53 grams of fiber per 100 calories).
- Blackberries have 8 grams of fiber per cup and contain 63 calories. As a healthy snack, they are an amazing option, much better than almost anything else. (12.7 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
How Much Fiber Triscuits Contain By Quantity
- 1 cup of Triscuits has 8.4 grams of fiber and 303 calories.
- Triscuits have 12.1 grams of fiber and 432.8 calories per 100 grams.
- Triscuits have 3.4 grams of fiber and 122.7 calories per oz.
Triscuits are not the worst source of fiber, but there are better options out there. Still, as a healthy snack, they can be a part of your fiber-rich diet. As always, combine them with other foods that have a better fiber content to reach your daily amount of fiber. Triscuits can help reach that goal more easily, but shouldn’t be the main food that helps you do so.
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!