If you’re wondering if strawberries are a good source of fiber, we have you covered. By reading through this post you will learn the amount of fiber and calories in strawberries in different measurements. Not only that, but we will also be comparing the amount of fiber in strawberries to other similar foods.
This should take care of a lot of your worries when it comes to creating a fiber-rich diet. Let’s begin with the topic!
Quick Answer: Are strawberries a good source of fiber? A cup of strawberries has 3 grams of fiber and 48.6 calories. This means that they are a decent source of fiber, but there are better options out there.
This is especially true when you compare them with other berries, that manage to offer far more fiber per calorie. Still, strawberries deserve to be a part of your diet for sure. Just make sure to combine them with other foods.
To get the recommended daily 30 grams of fiber, you would need to eat 10 cups of strawberries. While that would be only 486 calories, we still don’t recommend you do that. They should be just one of the foods that make up your fiber-rich diet.
Now, let’s see how they compare to other foods.
Comparing Fiber In Strawberries To Similar Foods
As a reminder, 1 cup of strawberries contains 3 grams of fiber and 48.6 calories. (6.17 grams of fiber per 100 calories). Let’s compare them to similar foods:
- Blueberries contain 3.6 grams of fiber per 1 cup, while also having 85 calories. This makes them a worse choice than strawberries. (4.23 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- Raspberries have 8 grams of fiber per cup, with only 65 calories. They are a much better choice than strawberries if fiber content is what you are looking for. (12.3 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- Blackberries have 8 grams of fiber per cup and contain only 63 calories. They are definitely the best choice. (12.7 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- One cup of grapes contains 1.4g of fiber and has 104.2 calories. Grapes are an inferior choice when compared to strawberries. (1.34 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- Plums have 2.7g of fiber and 87 calories per cup. Considering the number of calories, they are a far worse choice than strawberries. (3.1 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- Almonds have 16.2 grams of fiber and 750 calories per cup. While a great snack, they are a worse source of fiber than strawberries (2.16 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
How Much Fiber Strawberries Contain By Quantity
- 1 cup of strawberries has 3 grams of fiber and 48.6 calories.
- Strawberries have 2 grams of fiber and 32 calories per 100 grams.
- Strawberries have 0.6 grams of fiber and 9.1 calories per oz.
There you have it. With 3 grams of fiber and just 48.6 calories per cup, strawberries are definitely a good source of fiber. While there are some better choices such as blackberries, you can make strawberries a part of your diet without hesitation. Combine them with other foods for the best results.
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!