Are you wondering how much fiber do pistachios contain? If you want to make this popular snack a part of your diet, we have the info you need.
- We will give you the exact amount of fiber and calories in pistachios.
- After that, we will compare them with other similar foods, to provide you with some context.
- Finally, we will give you the fiber amount in pistachios in several different measurements.
Time to read on and find out if you should continue enjoying your favorite snack!
Quick Answer: Are you curious about pistachios as a source of fiber? Don’t worry we have the answers. One cup of pistachios has 13 grams of fiber and 688.8 calories. While that amount of fiber is quite large, that is also a big amount of calories. As it turns out, you’re getting only 1.89 grams of fiber per 100 calories.
This amount is actually not that good. While you would need to eat only a bit over 2 cups of pistachios to reach the daily goal of 30 grams of fiber, you would also eat almost 1,600 calories, which is a huge amount.
This is why we recommend that you replace pistachios with a different snack for a fiber-rich diet. You can enjoy them occasionally, but they aren’t suited as a source of fiber.
Moving on, let’s compare them to other similar foods.
Comparing Fiber In Pistachios To Similar Foods
Time to see how pistachios fare when compared to similar foods. As a reminder, pistachios have 13 grams of fiber and 688.8 calories per cup. (1.89 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- Almonds have 16.2 grams of fiber and 750 calories per cup. This makes them only a bit better than pistachios. (2.16 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- Cashews have 4.3 grams of fiber and 718.9 calories per cup. This means they are a worse source of fiber than pistachios. (0.6 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- A cup of peanuts has 12.4 grams of fiber and 827.9 calories. This makes them somewhat worse than pistachios, but not by much. (1.5 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- 1 cup of quinoa has 5 grams of fiber and 222 calories. This makes it a marginally better source of fiber than pistachios. (2.22g per 100 calories)
- A cup of beans has 18.1 grams of fiber and 240.8 calories. They are not exactly a snack, but they are much better than pistachios as a source of fiber. (7.5 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- A cup of macadamia nuts has 11.5 grams of fiber and 962.1 calories. They are a bit worse than pistachios for fiber. (1.2 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
How Much Fiber Pistachios Contain By Quantity
- 1 cup of pistachios has 13 grams of fiber and 688.8 calories.
- Pistachios have 10.6 grams of fiber and 560 calories per 100 grams.
- Pistachios have 3 grams of fiber and 158.8 calories per oz.
There you go, the somewhat harsh truth about pistachios as a source of fiber. They are definitely not the best choice, maybe not even a good one, thanks to the large number of calories they have. Still, we don’t want to stop you from enjoying them as a snack. Just make sure to add other foods that are rich in fiber into your diet. While pistachios offer a small amount, it is not enough by itself.