Wondering if persimmons are a good source of fiber? We will answer that question for you in this article. We won’t stop there, so expect to get some more information that could prove to be useful to you.
- In the first part of this article, we will talk about persimmons as a source of fiber and give you their exact fiber count, as well as their number of calories. You will find out if they are a fiber source here.
- The second part of the article will give you a comparison between persimmons as a fiber source and other similar foods. This will provide you with more context and give you alternatives to choose from.
- In the last part, we will give you the fiber count in persimmons in various quantities.
That’s about it, so let’s start reading!
Quick Answer: Are persimmons a good source of fiber? One persimmon has 6 grams of fiber and 117.6 calories. For every 100 calories of persimmons you eat, you will get 5.1 grams of fiber.
This makes persimmons a very good source of fiber! They can be a part of your daily fiber-rich diet for sure. Persimmons are even capable of being one of the main fiber sources in your diet.
With a bit over 5 grams of fiber for every 100 calories, persimmons make it easy for you to reach the daily recommended dose of fiber. If you combine them with other foods that are rich in fiber, you won’t have a problem reaching it at all.
But what is the daily recommended fiber dose? Well, according to experts, it is 30 grams. So, we should eat 30 grams of fiber daily, and 100 calories worth of persimmons covers 5 grams already.
Now you see why they are a good source of fiber. Still, as we already said, combine them with other foods for the best results.
If you were to try and reach your daily 30 grams of fiber with persimmons alone, you would need to eat 5 of them. Fiver persimmons are worth 588 calories. While this is not a huge amount, and some meals contain more than that, it is always best to get your fiber from multiple sources.
Now, this next part will compare the fiber in persimmons to other similar foods.
Comparing Fiber In Persimmons To Similar Foods
Now you know that persimmon has 6 grams of fiber and 117.6 calories. (5.1 grams of fiber per 100 calories) In this part of the article we will compare persimmons to other similar foods based on their fiber content:
- A medium-sized green apple has 4.4 grams of fiber and 94.6 calories. (4.7 grams of fiber per 100 calories) Apples are extremely similar to persimmons when it comes to fiber, but just a bit worse.
- A medium-sized pear has 5.6g of fiber, for the price of 101 calories. (5.6 grams of fiber per 100 calories) Pears are a better source of fiber than persimmons, but only marginally. They are almost the same unless we were to nitpick.
- One peach has 2.3g of fiber and 58 calories. (4 grams of fiber per 100 calories) Peaches are a decent source of fiber but are worse than persimmons. Not by much, but still worse.
- An apricot has 3.1g of fiber and 74 calories. (4.2 grams of fiber per 100 calories) This makes it a worse source of fiber than persimmons, Still, it is pretty good.
- Plums have 2.7g of fiber and 87 calories per cup. (3.1 grams of fiber per 100 calories) They are a much worse source of fiber than persimmons, offering almost half the amount of fiber.
- A kiwi has 2.1 grams of fiber and 42.1 calories (5 grams of fiber per 100 calories) Kiwis are practically the same as persimmons when it comes to fiber, just like some other foods we mentioned.
How Much Fiber Persimmons Contain By Quantity
- One persimmon has 6 grams of fiber and 117.6 calories.
- Persimmons have 3.6 grams of fiber and 70 calories per 100 grams.
- Persimmons have 1 gram of fiber and 19.8 calories per oz.
Persimmons are a great fiber source and earn a spot in anyone’s diet. If you are looking to increase your fiber intake, look no further. With persimmons, you can even make them one of your main fiber sources. They are capable of providing you with your entire daily dose of fiber in less than 600 calories, although we wouldn’t advise that. Combine them with other sources of fiber for the best results.
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!