Are you wondering if peas are a good source of fiber? In this post, we will answer that question for you. We will provide you with the fiber amount in peas in various measurements and also give you the calorie count. This way you will have all the relevant info you need for your diet.
We will also compare the fiber amount in peas to other similar foods, to provide you with alternatives.
Start reading to get your answers.
Quick Answer: So, are peas a good source of fiber? Peas have 7.2 grams of fiber and 124.8 calories per cup. This makes them an excellent source of fiber and one that should definitely be a major part of your diet. They offer a large amount of fiber per calorie so you shouldn’t feel guilty about eating them.
To reach the daily goal of 30 grams of fiber you would need to eat four cups of peas. This would equate to 520 calories, which is actually not that bad.
All of this points to peas being an excellent source of fiber.
Comparing Fiber In Peas To Similar Foods
Peas have 7.2 grams of fiber and 124.8 calories per cup. (5.76 grams of fiber per 100 calories) Let’s see how they compare to other similar foods when it comes to fiber.
- A cup of beans has 18.1 grams of fiber and 240.8 calories. This makes them a better alternative to peas, which is hard to find! (7.5 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- 1 cup of oatmeal has 4 grams of fiber and 158 calories. While not better than peas, this is a nice alternative as well. (2.53 per 100 calories)
- A cup of peanuts has 12.4 grams of fiber and 827.9 calories. While you do get a lot of fiber per cup, the calorie count is too high. (1.5 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- White rice has 1.4 grams of fiber and 195 calories per cup. This makes it a significantly worse choice than peas. (0.72 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- One cup of almonds has 16.2 grams of fiber and 750 calories. That is a lot of calories, so they are not as good as peas as a fiber source. (2.16 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- Cashews have 4.3 grams of fiber and 718.9 calories per one cup. They are definitely not as good for your fiber-rich diet as peas. (0.6 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
How Much Fiber Peas Contain By Quantity
- 1 cup of peas has 7.2 grams of fiber and 124.8 calories.
- Peas have 4.5 grams of fiber and 78 calories per 100 grams.
- Peas have 1.3 grams of fiber and 22.1 calories per oz.
Peas are a great source of fiber, and they offer5.76 grams of fiber for every 100 calories. One cup will provide you with 7.2 grams of fiber which is a quarter of your recommended daily fiber. If you are looking to increase the amount of fiber in your diet, peas are definitely what you should be paying attention to.