Are you wondering if peaches are a good source of fiber? We have the answer to that question for you. Not only that, we have some extra info you might find interesting. In this post, we will provide you with the fiber amount in peaches, as well as the calorie count. We will also offer the amount of fiber in different measurements. Not only that, we will compare peaches as a source of fiber to other similar foods.
All of this should provide you with enough info to help you build your fiber-rich diet. Start reading to get all of this info!
Quick Answer: So, are peaches a good source of fiber? They are quite good, yeah. One medium-sized peach has 2.3 grams of fiber and 58.5 calories. That is about average for fruits, which means that you can definitely eat peaches as a part of your diet.
For some context, to get the recommended daily amount of fiber, which is 30 grams, you would need to eat 13 medium-sized peaches. That is a bit excessive, so you want to combine them with other, fiber-rich foods.
In the next part, we will compare peaches with other similar foods.
Table of Contents
Comparing Fiber In Peaches To Similar Foods
How do peaches compare to other foods when it comes to fiber? Let’s see. Don’t forget that one medium-sized peach has 2.3 grams of fiber and 58.5 calories. (4 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- One medium-sized orange has 3.1 grams of fiber and 61.6 calories. This makes it a slightly better choice than a peach. (5 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- A medium-sized pear has 5.6g of fiber, for the price of 101 calories. It offers more fiber per calorie than a peach. (5.6 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- One medium-sized apple has 4.4g of fiber and 95 calories. This makes it quite similar to a peach, and only marginally better. (4.63 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- A banana has 3g of fiber and 110 calories, making it a worse choice than a peach. (2.73 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- Apricots have 3.1g of fiber per 74 calories, meaning they are really similar to peaches. (4.2 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- One medium-sized lemon has 1.6g of fiber and 16.8 calories. This gives it an excellent fiber to calorie ratio. (9.5 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
How Much Fiber Peaches Contain By Quantity
- 1 medium-sized peach has 2.3 grams of fiber and 58.5 calories.
- Peaches have 1.5 grams of fiber and 39 calories per 100 grams.
- Peaches have 0.4 grams of fiber and 11.1calories per oz.
There you go, all you needed to know about peaches as a source of fiber. They do their job well, but there are better picks for sure. This doesn’t mean you should ignore peaches. With 4 grams of fiber per 100 calories, they make a great addition to your fiber-rich diet. Combine them with other foods to get the best results and reach your goals more easily.
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!