So you want to know if Kind bars are a good source of fiber? In this article, we will attempt to answer that question for you, as well as provide you with other useful info that will help you on your search for a good fiber source.
- In the first part of the article, we will talk about Kind bars as a source of fiber and give you the exact numbers, meaning fiber count and calories.
- In the second part, we will compare Kind bar with other similar foods.
- Finally, we will give you the fiber count in Kind bars in multiple measurements.
Quick Answer: Are Kind bars a good source of fiber? One Kind bar has 7.1 grams of fiber and 193.2 calories. You’ll be getting 3.7 grams of fiber for every 100 calories you eat of a Kind bar. This means that they are a decent source of fiber! Not the best, but you definitely could do worse.
Kind bars are ideal as a supplemental source of fiber. Try to get as much fiber as possible from other foods in your diet and then make up for the rest with Kind bars. Try to mix many different fiber-rich foods to create the best diet.
We should be eating 30 grams of fiber every single day, according to nutritionists. If you were to try to reach that with Kind bars alone, you would need to eat approximately four of them. Four Kind bars have a bit over 800 calories, which is quite a bit.
This is why we don’t advise you to get all of your fiber from Kind bars but from many different foods. But, Kind bars are safe to include in your diet if you want a decent fiber boost.
Now, let’s compare them to other similar foods!
Comparing Fiber In Kind Bars To Similar Foods
Now you know that a Kind bar has 7.1 grams of fiber and 193.2 calories. (3.7 grams of fiber per 100 calories) Let’s see how they fare against some other similar foods when it comes to fiber:
- Graham Crackers have 2.9 grams of fiber and 370.8 calories per cup. They are a bad source of fiber, definitely much worse than kind bars. (0.8 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- One regular Fiber One bar contains 9.1 grams of fiber and 140 calories. Since it is designed to be a good fiber source it is expected that it manages to beat Kind bars. (6.5 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- One Snickers bar has 1.4 grams of fiber and 278 calories. This chocolate bar is another really bad source of fiber, of course, Kind bars are better. (0.5 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- Frosted Mini-Wheats have 5.5 grams of fiber and 192.5 calories per cup. Frosted Mini-Wheats are not the worst source of fiber, and are quite similar to Kind bars, but still a bit worse. (2.8 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- One Fig Newton has 0.4 grams of fiber and 55.3 calories. Fig Newtons are a much worse source of fiber than Kind bars, simple as that. (0.7 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- One granola bar has 1.3 grams of fiber and 135.1 calories. Unexpectedly, regular granola bars are not as good as Kind bars when it comes to fiber. (1 gram of fiber per 100 calories)
How Much Fiber Kind Bars Contain By Quantity
- 1 Kind bar has 7.1 grams of fiber and 193.2 calories.
- Kind bars have 17.7 grams of fiber and 483.1 calories per 100 grams.
- Kind bars have 5 grams of fiber and 137 calories per oz.
Kind bars are a decent source of fiber and you can safely add them to your diet. They won’t provide you with a ton of fiber, but the amount they do provide you with is pretty good. They are best suited to be a supplemental source of fiber.
This means that you can get the majority of your daily fiber from other foods and bigger meals, and then make up for a small lack of fiber with Kind bars.
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!