Are you wondering if guavas are a good source of fiber? This post will answer that question for you, as well as provide you with some other pieces of useful info.
- In the first part, we will talk about guavas as a source of fiber. We will give you their exact fiber count and their number of calories.
- After that, the second part will provide you with a comparison between guavas and other similar foods based on their fiber content. This part will help you find more sources of fiber for your diet and provide you with some context.
- Finally, the last part will give you the fiber count in guavas in multiple measurements. Alright, that’s about it, let’s start.
Quick Answer: Are guavas a good source of fiber? One cup of guavas has 8.9 grams of fiber and 112.2 calories. For every 100 calories of guava you eat you will get 7.9 grams of fiber.
This means that guavas are a great source of fiber!
With this amount of fiber, you can even make guavas one of the primary sources of it in your diet. Guavas will be able to cover a large part of your daily dose of fiber.
Still, it is always recommended that you try to get fiber from multiple sources. It would be best if you didn’t try to get all of it from guavas alone.
Guavas can be the main source of fiber in your diet, meaning they take care of the majority of the fiber you consume in a day. Then other foods take care of the rest, playing a supporting role.
When we mention the recommended daily dose of fiber, we are talking about what experts say, and that is 30 grams. To reach 30 grams of fiber with guavas alone, you would need to eat a bit over 3 cups.
With 3 cups of guavas, you are also eating around 380 calories. While that isn’t a huge number at all, especially since it covers your entire daily fiber, we still believe it is better to combine multiple fiber sources.
So, guavas are a great source of fiber, but don’t make them your only one! Now, let’s compare them to similar foods to see which is the better fiber source.
Comparing Fiber In Guavas To Similar Foods
Now that we learned that one cup of guavas has 8.9 grams of fiber and 112.2 calories, (7.9 grams of fiber per 100 calories) let’s see how they compare to other similar foods based on their fiber content:
- One medium-sized orange has 3.1 grams of fiber and 61.6 calories. (5 grams of fiber per 100 calories) Oranges are a good source of fiber, but are much worse than guavas, with more than 50% less fiber.
- One medium-sized lemon has 1.6g of fiber and 16.8 calories. (9.5 grams of fiber per 100 calories) They are actually a better source of fiber than guavas! Lemons are a surprisingly good fiber source.
- One peach has 2.3g of fiber and 58 calories. (4 grams of fiber per 100 calories) Peaches are a decent source of fiber but are much worse than guavas. Guavas have twice as much fiber!
- Apricots have 3.1g of fiber per 74 calories. (4.2 grams of fiber per 100 calories) They are yet another good fiber source that can’t compare to guavas.
- An avocado has 9.2 grams of fiber and 227.1 calories. (4 grams of fiber per 100 calories) Avocados are similar to peaches and apricots, fiber-wise, meaning they are good, but not as good as guavas.
- A kiwi has 2.1 grams of fiber and 42.1 calories (5 grams of fiber per 100 calories) They are a great source of fiber that can find its place in any diet, but guavas are once again much better.
How Much Fiber Guavas Contain By Quantity
- 1 cup of guavas has 8.9 grams of fiber and 112.2 calories.
- Guavas have 5.4 grams of fiber and 68 calories per 100 grams.
- Guavas have 1.5 grams of fiber and 19.3 calories per oz.
There you go, guavas are an amazing source of fiber. They provide you with 7.9 grams of fiber for every 100 calories, which is truly a great ratio. Guavas can be the main source of fiber in your diet, just make sure to combine them with other foods. It is not recommended to try and get all of your daily fiber from a single food, so eating multiple fiber sources is always a good idea. Guavas are definitely good enough to be one of them!
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!