If you’re wondering if green grapes are a good source of fiber, this article will answer your question. Not only that, we’ll provide you with some extra info as well.
- First off, we will give you the exact fiber content, as well as the calorie count in green grapes.
- Then we will compare them to several similar foods, based on their fiber content.
- Finally, you will get the exact fiber amounts in green grapes in various quantities.
Time to start, so let’s go!
Quick Answer: Are green grapes a good source of fiber? Green grapes have 1.4 grams of fiber and 104.2 calories per cup. This means that they are not a really good source of fiber. They are decent, but for that same price in calories, you can find foods that are richer in fiber.
Green grapes can serve as a supplemental source of fiber, but they are not suited to be your main one. This is why you should try to find foods that have more fiber than them, and eat green grapes on the side, as a sort of a filler meal that helps you reach your goals.
Experts recommend that we eat 30 grams of fiber every day. With green grapes alone, this means you would need to eat 21 cups, which is a bit over 2,200 calories. This is not recommended, and you should try to get the majority of your daily fiber from other sources.
Now, let’s compare green grapes with other similar foods and their fiber content.
Comparing Fiber In Green Grapes To Similar Foods
We’ve learned that green grapes have 1.4 grams of fiber and 104.2 calories per cup. (1.34 grams of fiber per 100 calories) Let’s compare them to some other similar foods to see how their fiber content stands up against them:
- Blueberries contain 3.6 grams of fiber per 1 cup, while also having 85 calories. They are a much better fiber source than green grapes. (4.23 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- 1 cup of strawberries contains 3 grams of fiber and 48.6 calories. They are yet another excellent source of fiber, much better than green grapes. (6.17 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- Raspberries have 8 grams of fiber per cup, with only 65 calories. Raspberries are an amazing source of fiber, one of the best ones, green grapes can’t even compare. (12.3 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- Blackberries have 8 grams of fiber and 63 calories per cup. Similar to raspberries, but even better, blackberries are a spectacular fiber source. (12.7 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- Red and white currants have 4.8 grams of fiber and 62.7 calories per cup. They are yet another fruit that is richer in fiber than green grapes. (7.7 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- One cup of blackcurrants has 7.6 grams of fiber and 70.6 calories. Blackcurrants are also a great source of fiber, they will help you reach your goals easily. (10.8 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
How Much Fiber Green Grapes Contain By Quantity
- 1 cup of green grapes has 1.4 grams of fiber and 104.2 calories.
- Green grapes have 0.9 grams of fiber and 69 calories per 100 grams.
- Green grapes have 0.3 grams of fiber and 19.6 calories per oz.
Green grapes are not the best source of fiber, not even close. For every 100 calories, they provide you with 1.34 grams of fiber, which is too low. They can serve you as a supplemental source of fiber, but you should get the majority of it from other foods. That way you will be able to create a good, fiber-rich diet!