So, you’re curious about Fiber One bars and want to know if they are really a good source of fiber? In this post, we will answer all of the questions you may have about these supplements. Fiber One bars are designed to be a great fiber source for those that don’t get much from the food they regularly eat.
In this post, we will give you their exact fiber content and number of calories. Then we will compare them to some similar foods and treats. Finally, we will provide you with the fiber content in Fiber One bars in multiple measurements.
Let’s move on.
Quick Answer: Are Fiber One bars a good source of fiber? As their name implies, yes they are! One regular Fiber One bar has 9.1 grams of fiber and 140 calories. They are a really good source of fiber, which makes sense since they were designed to fulfill that role.
For every 100 calories of Fiber One bars you eat, you will get 6.5 grams of fiber, which is a good amount. One bar is enough to satisfy one-third of your daily fiber needs.
We don’t recommend eating more than one of these bars per day, so you will have to make up for the remaining two-thirds with other foods. This shouldn’t be a huge problem, as there are many foods that provide more fiber than Fiber One bars.
According to nutritionists we should be eating around 30 grams of fiber every day. This means that just three Fiber One bars would be enough to reach that. Three bars have 420 calories, which isn’t a huge amount at all.
These bars definitely make it easier to reach our fiber goals every day, but make sure to limit yourself to just one daily.
Now, let’s compare them to other foods.
Comparing Fiber In Fiber One Bars To Similar Foods
Now that you know that one regular Fiber One bar contains 9.1 grams of fiber and 140 calories (6.5 grams of fiber per 100 calories) let’s see how they compare to other similar foods when it comes to fiber:
- One Fig Newton has 0.4 grams of fiber and 55.3 calories. Of course, they are a worse choice of fiber than Fiber One bars. (0.7 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- An English muffin has 2 grams of fiber and 129.4 calories. Same as before, another treat that is much worse than Fiber One bars. (1.5 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- One cake donut has 0.7 grams of fiber and 225.2 calories. They are a really bad source of fiber, so naturally, they lose to Fiber One bars. (0.3 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- A plain croissant has 1.2 grams of fiber and 305 calories. Yet another treat that simply doesn’t have much fiber. Fiber One bars are a much better pick. (0.4 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- One pancake has 0.4 grams of fiber and 99.3 calories. Still, much worse than Fiber One bars, it is not even fair to compare them. (0.4 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- One Snickers bar has 1.4 grams of fiber and 278 calories. As expected, Snickers doesn’t have much fiber at all, as opposed to Fiber One bars. (0.5 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
How Much Fiber Fiber One Bars Contain By Quantity
- 1 Fiber One bar has 9.1 grams of fiber and 140 calories.
- Fiber One bars have 22.7 grams of fiber and 350 calories per 100 grams.
- Fiber One bars have 6.4 grams of fiber and 99.2 calories per oz.
As expected, Fiber One bars are a great source of fiber. Just one bar has 9.1 grams of fiber, which is basically a third of your daily fiber needs. This is a great choice for those that simply can’t manage to eat enough fiber with the food they usually consume. Fiber One bars are a good choice but don’t go overboard. Eating one per day should be enough.
Also, keep in mind that fiber is best obtained from whole foods. They have other benefits that processed foods like Fiber One bars will never have.