Wondering if eggs are a good source of fiber? You’ve come to the right place.
We’ll answer the question and tell you everything you need to know.
First – let’s answer the basic question:
Quick Answer: Eggs aren’t a good source of fiber, as they contain no fiber at all. That’s right, you won’t find any fiber in eggs, so don’t plan on including them in your fiber-rich diet.
You need approximately 30 grams of fiber each day, so while you may not get any from eggs, make sure to get them from other foods.
Moving on, we will give some examples of foods that are a good alternative or addition to eggs for a fiber-rich diet.
Comparing Fiber In Eggs To Similar Foods
While eggs don’t contain any fiber at all, we should mention that one egg has around 77 calories. (0 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
Let’s take a look at other similar foods.
- A cup of beans has 18.1 grams of fiber and 240.8 calories. Beans are a good breakfast or lunch food that is quite rich in fiber. (7.5 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- 100 grams of chia seeds has 24.4 grams of fiber and 486 calories. They can be ground and used as an alternative to eggs. (5 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- A block of tofu contains 2.9g of fiber and 253 calories. It can also be used as an alternative to eggs in some recipes but is also good in general. (1.15 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- Cheerios have 2.6 grams of fiber and 105.3 calories per cup. Cereals are a great breakfast food, and Cheerios are rich in fiber. (2.5 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- 1 cup of oats has 8.2 grams of fiber and 307 calories. This is another great choice for breakfast. (2.7 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- White rice has 1.4 grams of fiber and 195 calories per cup. While not the best choice for fiber, it is still better than eggs in this regard. (0.72 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
How Much Fiber Eggs Contain By Quantity
Eggs don’t contain fiber in any quantity. However, let’s check out their calories:
- 1 egg contains 77 calories.
- Eggs contain 155 calories per 100 grams.
- Eggs contain 43.9 calories per oz.
There you have it, all you need to know about fiber and eggs. They won’t provide you with any fiber! For a fiber-rich diet combine them with other foods such as beans.
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!