Wondering if cucumbers are a good source of fiber? By reading this post you will learn basically everything you need to know about this topic.
- First, we will give you the fiber and calorie count in cucumbers.
- After that, we will compare them to other similar foods based on their fiber content.
- Finally, we will be giving you the fiber amount in cucumbers in multiple measurements.
Start reading and get all of this info!
Quick Answer: Are cucumbers a good source of fiber? A medium-sized cucumber has 2.5 grams of fiber and 32.4 calories. This makes cucumbers a great source of fiber. Their ratio of fiber to calories is simply too good!
By eating just 100 calories worth of cucumbers, you will be getting 7.7 grams of fiber, which is a great amount. Cucumbers are definitely a food you want to add to your fiber-rich diet. However, try not to get all of your daily fiber from them. Mix them with different foods for the best results.
Just for some context, nutritionists advise that we eat around 30 grams of fiber each day. This means that you should eat 12 medium-sized cucumbers to reach this amount, which is not advised, despite the low calorie count.
Now, let’s see how they compare to similar foods when it comes to fiber.
Comparing Fiber In Cucumbers To Similar Foods
Now that you know that a cucumber (medium-sized) has 2.5 grams of fiber per 32.4 calories (7.71 grams of fiber per 100 calories), it’s time to compare it to other foods:
- A zucchini has 2 grams of fiber and only 33.3 calories. TIt is a good source of fiber, but a cucumber manages to be better. (6 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- A medium-sized eggplant has 17.2 grams of fiber and 143 calories. Eggplants are a great source of fiber, definitely better than cucumbers. (12 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- Beets have 7.9 grams of fiber and 121.5 calories per cup. They are almost as good as cucumbers, but just a bit worse. (6.5 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- A turnip has 2.2 grams of fiber per 34.2 calories. This is another food that is similar to cucumbers but has just a bit less fiber. (6.4 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- A medium-sized carrot has 1.7 grams of fiber and 25 calories. It is also worse than a cucumber, but only marginally. (6.8 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
- A cauliflower has 11.8 grams of fiber and only 147 calories. It is incredibly similar to cucumbers when it comes to fiber, but just a bit better. (8 grams of fiber per 100 calories)
How Much Fiber Cucumbers Contain By Quantity
- A medium-sized cucumber has2.5 grams of fiber and 32,4 calories.
- Cucumbers have 1.1 grams of fiber and 15 calories per 100 grams.
- Cucumbers have 0.3 grams of fiber and 4.3 calories per oz.
Now you know that cucumbers are an excellent source of fiber. They don’t have a lot of calories and manage to provide you with plenty of fiber for that low price. For just 100 calories of cucumbers, you will be getting almost 8 grams of fiber, which is a great deal! Cucumbers are a food you should add to your diet for sure, and by mixing them with other foods you can create the perfect fiber-rich diet.