Wondering if avocados are a good source of fiber? You’ve come to the right place! This article will provide you with an answer to that question and more useful info on the subject.
- For starters, we will talk about avocados as a source of fiber and give you their exact amount of fiber and their calorie count. Expect to find the answer to the main question here.
- Following that, the second part will provide you with a comparison between avocados and other similar foods based on their fiber content. This should help you find more alternatives for your diet.
- Finally, in the last part, we will give you the fiber amount in avocados in different quantities.
Time to start, read on to learn all of this info!
Quick Answer: Are avocados a good source of fiber? An avocado has 9.2 grams of fiber and 227.1 calories. For every 100 calories of avocado you eat, you will get 4 grams of fiber.
This makes avocados a good source of fiber! While definitely not the best, the amount they provide you with should definitely help you reach your daily fiber goals.
This is especially true if you eat an entire avocado. With this, you would get a bit over 9 grams of fiber, which is quite a boost. Avocados can even be the main fiber source in your diet, but that doesn’t mean they should be the only one.
You should eat around 30 grams of fiber daily, according to nutritionists. With avocados alone, you would need to eat a bit over 3 of them to reach that amount.
Three avocados have 740 calories, which is quite a bit, but not the end of the world. So, this is actually doable.
However, we would still recommend that you add other sources of fiber to your diet. Avocados can be your main fiber source, but other foods will be there to help you reach those 30 grams much more easily.
This way you will create the best possible diet for yourself. Avocados can handle the majority of your daily fiber, and other foods will fill up what’s left. They definitely make it easier to calculate your daily fiber!
Now that we got that out of the way, let’s compare the fiber in avocados to that in other foods.
Comparing Fiber In Avocados To Similar Foods
An avocado has 9.2 grams of fiber and 227.1 calories. (4 grams of fiber per 100 calories) In this part we will compare avocados as a fiber source to other similar foods:
- One mango has 5.4 grams of fiber and 201.6 calories (2.7 grams of fiber per 100 calories) It is a much worse source of fiber than an avocado.
- A medium-sized melon has 5 grams of fiber and 187.7 calories. (2.7 grams of fiber per 100 calories) Melons also don’t even come close to avocados when it comes to their fiber content.
- A large mandarin has 2.2 grams of fiber and 63.6 calories. (3.5 grams of fiber per 100 calories) A mandarin is definitely not as good as an avocado, fiber-wise. It can still be a decent source of fiber.
- A banana has 3g of fiber and 110 calories. (2.73 grams of fiber per 100 calories) Bananas are similar to mangoes and melons in that they are decent sources of fiber, but nowhere close to avocados.
- One cup of apricots has 2.4 grams of fiber and 57.9 calories. (4.1 grams of fiber per 100 calories) Apricots are better than the previously mentioned fruits but still worse than avocados.
- A kiwi has 2.1 grams of fiber and 42.1 calories (5 grams of fiber per 100 calories) Kiwis are the best fiber source on this list, unfortunately still not as good as avocados.
How Much Fiber Avocados Contain By Quantity
- 1 avocado has 9.2 grams of fiber and 227 calories.
- Avocados have 6.8 grams of fiber and 167 calories per 100 grams.
- Avocados have 1.9 grams of fiber and 47.3 calories per oz.
Avocados are an excellent fiber source! It is as simple as that. If you’re looking for ways to increase your fiber intake, avocados can definitely help you. With more than 9 grams of fiber per single avocado, they provide you with quite a boost in fiber. One avocado takes care of almost a third of the recommended daily fiber! This will make it easier to get the other two-thirds from the other fiber sources in your diet. If you’re making a fiber-rich diet, this is a fruit you shouldn’t ignore.
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!