Looking for the best canisters for flour and sugar? You’ve come to the right place…
With the right look and style, your kitchen will look straight off the pages of Pinterest. And your flour and sugar will keep for much longer than in an open bag in your pantry. Let’s check out the various options…
Best Canisters for Sugar and Flour Reviews
Good Grips Canister Set by OXO
This great three-piece set by OXO provides airtight storage to keep your dry foods fresher longer. Fill each canister with your flour, sugar, pasta, or any other dry food and use the simple push-button to create an airtight seal to prevent spoilage. Press the button again to release the seal when you are ready to use it. For extra convenience, the button pops up to create a handle.
Between uses, the lid unsnaps to ensure thorough cleaning. The silicone seal is dishwasher safe, but you’ll need to hand wash the rest of the canister.
Each canister in this set is entirely BPA-free, so you can be sure no toxins will be seeping into your sugar, flour, coffee beans, rice, and other dry goods. Differing in size (1.9-quart, 3-quart, and 4.5-quart), each was designed in mind to store common household goods.
The design is meant to help you keep your countertops clear and organized. And its purposeful see-through construction means you will not have to guess when you are getting low on an item.
- It has airtight storage with a simple push-button design.
- Release the airtight seal with a push of the same button.
- Create a built-in handle by popping the button up.
- It comes with three canisters in the set, all differing in size, perfect for common household dry goods.
- BPA-free construction.
- Transparent design allows you to know exactly how much you have on hand.
- Keeps countertops organized.
- Easily cleanable.
- Some do not like the look of the clear canister, and it does not look as neat as an opaque variety.
- A few users reported that the lids could be difficult to put back together after cleaning.
Related Article: Best Brita Pitcher for College (Top 6 Options)
Chef’s Path Food Storage Containers
Now here is a versatile bundle that we love. Chef’s Path has put together this six-piece storage set specifically to help you organize your pantry.
While the design and organizational elements steal the show, it is important to highlight their storage benefits first. How many times have you left an open bag of sugar in your pantry, sealed with a chip clip, and then forgotten about it? When you finally reach for it again, it is hard, crystallized, and you nearly have to you a hammer and chisel to pry any free.
Now, you can forget about your sugar in the back of the pantry when you store it in one of these airtight containers. The airtight seal is the key. It keeps away all moisture that influences the quality of sugar. There will be no more rock-hard clumps to break up, making baking easy again.
All containers are refrigerator, freezer, and dishwasher safe, creating extra versatility in food storage and ease of cleaning. The stackable design ensures you efficiently use the space in your pantry or on your countertops.
The most eye-catching part of this bundle is the eight reusable chalkboard labels and the chalkboard pen. Create beauty in the otherwise mundane pantry or counter.
- This large set includes six food storage canisters.
- The easy airtight seal keeps the integrity of your dry goods.
- All parts of this set are refrigerator, freezer, and dishwasher safe.
- The stackable design is efficient in small spaces.
- It comes with reusable chalkboard labels and a chalkboard pen.
- Never guess when you are running low with the transparent design.
- A small portion of users noted that the lids failed to latch properly.
- Some with these containers say they arrived smaller than they expected.
Old Dutch 1843 Canister
If you are looking for storage containers with excellent design value, these four canisters from Old Dutch are great options.
They feature Fresh Seal Technology engineered to keep dry goods, like flour and sugar, fresh. The 4-quart canister holds the entirety of a standard five-pound bag of flour, while the 2-quart canister easily holds a whole standard-sized 4-pound bag of sugar. Great also for coffee, rice, and pasta; they provide an element of versatility.
Beautifully plated in antique copper, these durable stainless steel canisters will bring elegance to any kitchen design. Meant to be highlighted as a decorative touch, you’ll want to keep these on the counters instead of in the pantry. This brings the extra benefit of countertop convenience; no more digging through the pantry to find what you need.
- This set features four matching canisters of varying sizes.
- Fresh Seal Technology prolongs the freshness of dry goods.
- The 4-quart container holds a full standard bag of flour.
- The 2-quart container holds a full standard bag of sugar.
- It is durably constructed of stainless steel.
- It is plated in antique copper for an elegant design.
- The exterior is coated with a lacquer to prevent tarnish.
- Some users note that the lids seal so well that they are hard to remove.
Recommended Article: Best Frother For Soy Milk (Top 6 Options)
4-Piece Acrylic Canister Set by Oggi
This four-piece set comes with a classic gasket design that looks timeless. This style truly never goes out of fashion, so you will never have to worry about replacing these canisters as you update your kitchen’s look.
This gasket design has survived the ages because it creates a naturally airtight seal that is easy to engage and release. The airtight feature is essential to keep dry goods such as flour and sugar fresh. This keeps out moisture and other influences that can cause food to go stale before its time.
Additionally, the gasket is easy to use for children and those with grip issues. While the airtight seal is nice, some canister lids are near impossible to pry off. The simple flip motion of these gaskets gets rid of that problem entirely.
These are easily cleanable with a damp cloth between uses. Or pop them in the dishwasher as all elements are dishwasher safe.
- The classic design is sure to stay in style for years to come.
- Have an airtight seal for four, sugar, and other dry foods.
- Silicone flip-motion gasket provides a user-friendly experience.
- Have dishwasher safe for thorough cleaning of all parts.
- It comes in four varying sizes.
- The straightforward design creates a fun display while ensuring you always know how much you have on hand.
- A few users suggest that the seal wears off over time.
- Some users noted that the acrylic cracks with stress.
Home Basics 4 Piece Ceramic Canister Set
Turquoise is the color of the season. Bring an element of trendiness to your kitchen with a set of four canisters and wooden spoons.
Use these for more than just their good looks, though, as the lids feature an airtight clamp that is useful for keeping flour and sugar fresh. And the canisters themselves are constructed out of durable ceramic.
The four wooden spoons create a homey feel in your kitchen with the added benefit of keeping your food utensils separate and clean.
- The turquoise will create a pop of color no matter the style of your countertops and cabinets.
- It is durably made out of ceramic.
- Set of four ascending sizes.
- Flip-top, airtight lids are designed to keep dry goods from going stale.
- Each canister holds a wooden spoon for decoration and utility.
- Even the largest canister is not big enough to hold a standard bag of flour or sugar.
- This set is not dishwasher safe.
Further Reading: Best Jar Opener for Arthritic Hands (Top 9 Options)
Stainless Steel Canisters by SilberOnyx
This is a set to consider if you are looking for a premium top-of-the-line quality. Featuring two-tone satin and mirror finish, these canisters are rust-resistant. The design will compliment any kitchen countertop with this kind of durability for the long haul.
Each canister features a tempered glass lid that is heat and shatter-resistant. The tempered glass also helps control the temperature and humidity, which prolongs dry food quality. Finished off with a silicone gasket, each lid features an airtight seal.
The canister itself is constructed of durable food-grade steel. This means a long-lasting container that will not scratch or dent easily with the added benefit of the assurance that no toxins will seep into your food.
The canisters and all sealing components are dishwashers safe for easy and effective cleaning. With this cleaning method, you can be sure no mildew will creep into the little nooks and crannies of the seal.
As a bonus to this high-quality set, SilverOnyx also provides a set of heavy-duty stacking measuring cups.
- Large enough to hold either a standard-sized bag of flour or a standard size bag of sugar in each container.
- A tempered glass lid helps control temperature and humidity inside the canister.
- Features a silicone gasket for an airtight seal.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Bonus set of stainless steel measuring cups.
- Elegant design finish for a stunning look in any kitchen.
- A few users reported that the lid fit is not secure.
- Some say that the canisters arrived smaller than expected.
Progressive Flour Keeper
Here is a container specifically built for flour storage and nothing else. Its 3.8-quart size easily holds a standard five-pound bag of flour.
The lid on this Flour Keeper container is silicone, creating an airtight seal every time. It also works on a hinge feature that is easy to open with one hand. If grip issues need to accommodate, this is a great canister for you.
Also featuring a leveling bar that clips across the bin, you can now measure level off your flour mess-free. Simply clip it on, fill your measuring cup, and scrape the top off before you even remove it from the container. No extra knives were used, and no more worries about wasting the extra flour by accidentally spilling it.
All components of this flour canister are dishwasher safe and BPA free. They are made for easy clean-up and food-grade safe storage.
- They are specifically designed to store flour.
- It easily fits a standard-size five-pound bag of flour.
- The silicone seal on the lid makes for an airtight environment.
- The easy-open hinged top can be worked with one hand.
- A bonus leveling bar lets you measure your flour right over the canister for a mess-free experience.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Fully BPA-free for safety.
- Some users recommend only washing the lid by hand as the dishwasher had a distorting effect.
Progressive Sugar Storage Container
To round out a list of the best canisters for flour and sugar, we feature a container specifically designed for sugar.
This container features high-quality construction for durability and a silicone seal for food preservation. The seal is airtight, which will keep away any moisture or humidity that can compromise the quality of sugar.
While some food storage containers seal so tightly that the lids are hard to remove, this canister features an easy one-handed design. Flip-up the gasket to release the airtight seal, then flip back on the lid on its hinges, and you are ready to pour or measure.
The hinges use a patent-pending design that allows for a secure, wide opening that makes this canister easy to fill without spilling.
Also featuring a flip-to-pour spout and a contoured body, this canister is very easy to pick up for simple pouring. Even though it is large enough to hold a standard four-pound bag of sugar, it is easy to lift without dropping with a contoured grip.
The body of the canister is etched with easy-to-read measurement markings so you can see exactly how much sugar remains.
All components of this canister are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.
- Specifically designed to store sugar.
- The body of the container is highly durable.
- A silicone closure on the lid creates an airtight seal.
- The easy-open design means you can easily access your sugar one-handed.
- Flip gasket and hinged lid.
- Wide opening for easy filling.
- Features a flip-to-pour spout and a contoured body for lifting without dropping.
- External measurement markings make it simple to know exactly how much sugar remains.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Some users suggest the seal is not airtight.
- A few users complained that this canister came wrapped in labels that were hard to remove and left an unsightly residue.
What to Consider When Buying Flour and Sugar Canister
This is the most important feature to pay attention to. The whole reason for transferring your extra flour and sugar from open bags to food storage containers is to help them last longer. In general, an airtight seal is the industry standard for freshness. We recommend a brand that can guarantee an airtight seal to keep moisture from your dry foods.
However, some brands use self-created technology to create a strong seal. These can still be useful as long as they boast long-lasting freshness.
If you have the countertop space to spare, food storage containers are a great way to add color or elegance to your kitchen design. With many colors and finishes available, a little searching should prove easy to find a canister set that looks great with your existing design.
If your countertop isn’t your concern, choose an excellent stacking set that will maximize space in your pantry. Every time you open the door, your shelves will be neatly organized with labeled food storage containers making all of your Pinterest dreams come true.
Most food canisters come with some airtight sealing mechanism. The materials may vary for this, but you will want to make sure you can thoroughly clean this section to prevent mold build-up. A dirty seal will defeat the entire purpose of the container.
Consider a seal that is dishwasher safe to ensure the deepest clean. While some models are only washable by hand, make sure you can remove them entirely so that you can sanitize all the little grooves safely.
We all need them. We all use them – the kitchen basics – flour and sugar. We have all experienced tiny flies in our flour and rock-hard clumps in our sugar when we quickly shove the bags back in the cabinet after use. But fortunately, we have an easy way to avoid all of that.
Stop storing your flour and sugar in their original bags in your pantry. Avoid spills and spoilage by using some simple food storage containers.
Use the specifically created canisters to seal your essential dry goods for long-term storage safely. Create a fun design element on your counter by choosing a set of containers with a unique finish. Or efficiently maximize space in your cabinets by selecting canisters that stack perfectly.
Be sure to find containers that are easy to sanitize; dishwasher safe is best to eliminate any chance of mildew build-up in the seal.
Our pick of the bunch is Chef’s Path Food Storage Containers for its incredible versatility. Bonus for their dishwasher, freezer, and safe refrigerator qualities. Double bonus for their super cute, reusable, Pinterest-worthy chalkboard labels.
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!