Looking for a pair of boots that you can tie yourself? You'll love these vegan lace up boots! We've found 10 great styles with options for men and women.
Let's get right to the boots...
Men's Off white Converse Style High Top Lace Up Chukka Boots by Palladium
- Men's all-canvas high-top boot in off-white with a matching shoelace that can go all the way to the top.
- Looks to be modeled after a traditional high top like an old-school Converse shoe.
- Has a white rubber toe cap and sole with good tread and grip.
- Palladium logo patch is stitched onto the tongue.
- Advertised as vegan: No, but the materials are canvas and rubber.
- Pros: Nice casual boots for light recreational activity. Uber trendy high top design you can pull off with jeans or utility pants. Reviewers report that the soles don't wear out easily.
- Cons: Limited seasonal use and function. Definitely a warm weather boot for walking or activities that require flexibility in your footwear, but not quite sturdy enough for hiking.
Women's Cherry Red Jadon II Vegan Leather Combat Boots with Platform Sole by Dr. Martens
- Super thick-soled women's cherry red combat boot in shiny vegan leather from Dr. Martens.
- Rises just over the ankle and laces all the way up with a black bootlace.
- Pull tab on the back helps you slide your foot inside.
- Platform sole is about 2" all the way around.
- Bright yellow welt stitching around the top of the outsole gives a little color pop.
- Slip and oil-resistant sole for safe walking on slick surfaces.
- Advertised as vegan: Yes.
- Pros: You'll get the quality guarantee of Dr. Martens boots and a kick-butt look for your wardrobe. Because they're so slip-resistant, you can wear these as work boots, but you'll probably want to wear them for their trendy style with jeans for a casual look or with a fashionista-approved maxi skirt.
- Cons: Very pricey and we're not sure if they're waterproof, which we'd sort of expect from multi-function boots like these.
Men's Brown Faux Leather Lace Up Chukka Boots by New Look
- Men's short, dressy ankle chukka boot in dark brown faux leather.
- Minimal lace-up design with a brown bootlace.
- Has an interesting stacked heel with a couple of black layers sandwiched between layers of wood-like material.
- Rounded toe at the end of a sleek, elongated foot.
- Advertised as vegan: No, but these boots are advertised as faux leather.
- Pros: Occasion-ready boots for the dapper individual. Rock them with a t-shirt, blazer and classic selvedge denim jeans. If they get dirty you can clean them up with a swipe of a damp cloth.
- Cons: We're not sure if these are padded inside or not, so we can't speak to the comfort level of these boots.
Women's Black and White Lug Sole Lace Up High Heel Boots by Express
- Intriguing women's high-heeled lace-up boot with an almond toe in white polyurethane material.
- Features a black work-style lug sole and 4" chunky high heel.
- Has black boot hooks and a black bootlace to match the sole.
- Zip-up construction with a pull tab on the back of the boot for easy on/off wear.
- Advertised as vegan: No, but the materials are all synthetic.
- Pros: A catwalk-esque alternative to high-heeled Timberlands. You'll want to show these off with shorter bottoms. Throw on a shiny bomber jacket and you've got quite a stylish outfit.
- Cons: No inclusion of insole padding in the product description, and with heels that high, you'll want some cushion. They're also a little up there price-wise.
Men's Navy Blue Vintage Style Wing Tip Plaid Oxford Dress Boots by Jazame
- Men's dressy navy blue lace-up boot with mixed textiles and a real vintage appeal.
- Has a mottled leather-like toe cap and upper with gray and blue plaid in the middle.
- Sole is top-stitched with white thread.
- Stacked heel and sole have synthetic layers of brown and black that complement the plaid.
- Tan wing tip design on the bottom of the sole adds subtle flair.
- Insole is padded for extra comfort.
- Advertised as vegan: Yes, in the description.
- Pros: A little funky, very vintage-inspired and totally eye-catching formal footwear. Match these boots with a dark vest and black slacks.
- Cons: Not a translatable style for all types of events.
Women's Fold Over Brown Faux Leather Combat Boots with Plaid Lining by Soda
- Women's brown synthetic leather combat boot with a cuff that folds down and snaps in place with silver hardware.
- Fold over cuff shows off the cute brown and tan plaid lining.
- Padded insole makes for comfortable walking.
- Black rubber sole and a low heel for everyday wear.
- Advertised as vegan: No. These boots are advertised as faux leather.
- Pros: Can be worn laced all the way up or folded down. For the price and the fashionable plaid, these are perfect fall weather boots to add to your shoe collection. Fold over boots are in!
- Cons: Shouldn't be worn in wet outside conditions as water will seep through. Sizing is off by a half to a whole size — order a size or so up.
Men's Brown Wing Tip Lace Up Dress Boots by Goodfellow and Co
- Men's smooth brown leather-like boot with a darker brown bootlace and heel.
- Elegant wing tip pattern throughout for a smart look.
- Sole is top-stitched with white thread and has multiple shades of dark brown in thin layers.
- Light insole padding for a little extra softness.
- Clean the boot with a damp cloth and you're good to go.
- Advertised as vegan: No, but all materials listed are man-made.
- Pros: You can dress to the nines in a suit and tie or throw these on with cuffed jeans. The combat shape lends itself to casual outfits while the wing tips and slender body are built to impress.
- Cons: They're reported to be a little narrow.
Women's Metallic Rose Gold Ribbon Lace Up Ankle Boots with Peep Toe by Indulge
- Glam women's metallic rose gold ankle boot that laces up from the peep toe to the top with a wide pink ribbon.
- Open toe and loosely laced design is fun and stylish.
- Stiletto heel is ultra tall at 4.25".
- Made of super shiny vegan material.
- Advertised as vegan: Yes, in the product description.
- Pros: Fabulous and feminine statement boots for special occasions. Try them with crepey black pants and a lacy top.
- Cons: Can only realistically be worn for relatively short amounts of time without getting uncomfortable.
Men's Black Faux Leather Moc Toe Work Boots by Vance Co.
- Men's high top work boot in black faux leather.
- Has a moc toe design and tan contrast stitching throughout.
- Yellow and brown lacing secures the boot snugly to your foot.
- Tan treaded sole provides stability and traction.
- Light-weight design that won't wear you out.
- Advertised as vegan: No, but Target advertises these boots as faux leather.
- Pros: Suitable for walking in all seasons — you won't slip and slide in the snow. They may be built for working, but they look so good you'll be able to wear them with just about anything in your closet.
- Cons: None that we could find.
Women's Camel Vegan Suede Hiking Boots by MVE Shoes
- Women's camel color vegan suede hiker boot with a lace-up front.
- Offers ankle protection with a black padded cuff.
- Lightly padded interior and treaded outsole provide comfortable footing.
- Water-resistant so you can wear them in any season.
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Advertised as vegan: Yes. The product description says "100% vegan."
- Pros: Very inexpensive and walkable. Hiker boots are coming into fashion in a big way, so you'll be in style replacing your everyday shoes with these.
- Cons: We're not sure how they'd do on really serious hikes, but they should perform well on fairly rocky terrain.