In the market for a cruelty-free faux leather vegan boho bag? Then you’ve come to the right spot. In this post, we’ve carefully selected 10 options (from various human-made materials) that will complete your look.
Let’s check them out…
Don’t have time to read? Here’s a quick summary of the products we recommend.
|Boho Faux Leather Cutout Saddle Bag from Péche||B+|
|Moroccan Inspired Fringe Bucket Bag from Angedanlia||B+|
|Faux Leather Fringe Envelope Bag from HDE||A+|
1. Boho Faux Leather Cutout Saddle Bag from Péche
Check out this vegan starter kit
- Add a little Southwest charm to your accessories with this boho saddle bag featuring floral cutouts and a faux leather tassel.
- The flap top fastens with a magnetic snap.
- Made with wide gussets for extra room.
- Advertised as vegan: No. However, it’s made with faux leather.
- Pros: This pretty bag is a steal. It’s perfect for jeans and crop tops and suitable for work.
- Cons: Some reviewers have reported that it’s a tad bit smaller than they’d expected.
2. Moroccan Inspired Fringe Bucket Bag from Angedanlia
- This faux leather bucket bag is intricately embellished with fringe, Moroccan-inspired fabric, and beaded details.
- Made with braided handles.
- The top is zippered and the lining has multiple pockets.
- Advertised as vegan: No—as faux leather.
- Pros: There’s something magical about Moroccan textiles. This bag is colorful and oh-so bohemian, and we appreciate the functionality of all the little compartments.
- Cons: It’s gorgeous but definitely busy. Plan to wear it with solid colors in your outfit so there’s no pattern competition.
3. Faux Leather Fringe Envelope Bag from HDE
- It looks dainty, but it’s actually decently sized (and decently priced). Get this faux leather fringe bag for everyday use.
- Closes with a flap top and zipper.
- Constructed with a detachable, adjustable shoulder strap.
- Advertised as vegan: No, but the description shows faux leather.
- Pros: The style is versatile, and you have your choice of matchable colors. Switch up your day bag or keep this for the times you need something smaller than a tote but larger than a mini purse.
- Cons: The fringe tassels on the flap would be better placed underneath it.
4. Sedona Circle Crossbody Bag from Anthropologie
- With its dusty pink color, geometric cutouts, and whipstitch details, this boho circle bag from Anthropologie have a subtle Southwestern motif that reminds us of a desert sunset.
- Zippered with brassy hardware.
- Made with an adjustable shoulder strap.
- Advertised as vegan: No, but the material is faux leather.
- Pros: It’s chic and beautifully detailed, but it’s not overdone. Wear it with a jumpsuit or a flowy skirt.
- Cons: As a day purse, it’s on the small side, which is only a con if you like your bags roomy.
5. Macrame Tort Handle Shopping Bag by Asos Design
- This is a bag to pair with acrylic tortoise earrings. It’s a large shopper in beige macrame with stylish tortoiseshell-inspired handles.
- Lined with woven fabric and a slip pocket.
- Lightweight with an open-top design.
- Advertised as vegan: No, but this bag is made of paper and synthetic materials.
- Pros: As a farmer’s market bag, it’s easy to use with an open top for tossing in veggies and jarred goods. Or pack your towels and a good book and head to the beach.
- Cons: It’s a very casual, summery bag that might have fairly limited use. But it’s so pretty.
6. Harper Vegan Leather Crossbody Bag by Free People
- Free People is almost synonymous with boho style, and the Harper crossbody bag doesn’t let us down with woven and cutout details in vegan leather.
- Converts to a clutch thanks to the detachable chain shoulder strap.
- Designed with two zippered compartments for organization.
- Advertised as vegan: Yes, in the description.
- Pros: This bag comes in four neutral tones that are easy to match with anything in your wardrobe, and the chain strap gives it a contemporary twist. Wear it with heels for a dressier vibe or loafers for a sophisticated but casual look.
- Cons: With minimal depth, it might carry slender items only.
7. Bamboo Circle Boho Bag by Cult Gaia
- Bamboo is just about as boho as it gets. Cult Gaia’s bamboo circle bag feels vintage yet ultra-contemporary with its sunburst design and wooden bead strap.
- Constructed with a drawbridge top.
- Includes a dust bag.
- Advertised as vegan: No, but it’s made of bamboo and wood.
- Pros: If unique is the name of the game, this bag is winning. Tie a scarf around the handle and wear it with your favorite sundresses.
- Cons: Is it practical? We’ll let you be the judge, but maybe don’t toss your keys in without testing whether they’ll slip through first.
8. Bethany Beaded Handle Bag from Urban Outfitters
- The 70s comeback is still going strong in fashion. Urban Outfitters makes the Bethany handbag from wooden beads in varying sizes and shapes (the orange bag is especially retro).
- Designed in a triangular shape with top handles.
- Zippered and lined inside.
- Advertised as vegan: No. But the materials are wood and polyester.
- Pros: As statement bags go, this one is a little different—it doesn’t have any sequins or animal prints, but it certainly stands out in the crowd. Use it on special occasions or when you’re feeling adventurous.
- Cons: It’s quite mini, so you’ll probably need to save it for a party or a dinner date. Or you can get meta with it and carry it in a larger bag.
9. Bella Beaded Velvet Boho Clutch from Anthropologie
- The beadwork on this bag is something to behold. It’s decorated with beads, sequins, and faux pearls in iridescent golds and creams that pop against the plush red velvet.
- Comes with a removable gold chain strap.
- Fastens with a magnetic clasp.
- Advertised as vegan: No. However, the materials are synthetic.
- Pros: Florals, beads, and velvet…that’s boho in a nutshell. If you don’t think you’ll get much use out of a clutch, you’ll appreciate the attachable shoulder strap.
- Cons: As with so many beautiful evening bags, the minimal space inside.
10. Santana Pom Pom Jute Tote by SHIRALEAH
- Whether you use this for travel, groceries, or an afternoon stroll, you’re sure to get plenty of use out of Shiraleah’s jute Santana tote.
- Trimmed with colorful pom-poms and thread.
- Unlined inside.
- Advertised as vegan: No, but it’s made of jute and synthetic materials.
- Pros: Who says a reusable grocery bag can’t be fun? Or take it to the flea market. A big bag like this can hold all your shopping.
- Cons: As it’s unlined, you’ll have to be careful cleaning it.
Want more vegan bags and backpacks? We’ve compiled over 17 different styles of vegan bags and where you can buy them. See them all here!
Want to take all of the guess-work around going vegan?
Click here to check out the Vegan Starter Kit.