In the market for a cruelty-free faux leather vegan boho bag? Then you've come to the right spot. In this post, we've carefully selected 10 options (from various human-made materials) that will complete your look.
Let's check them out...
1. Sedona Circle Crossbody Bag from Anthropologie
- With its dusty pink color, geometric cutouts and whipstitch details, this boho circle bag from Anthropologie has a subtle Southwestern motif that reminds us of a desert sunset.
- Zippered with brassy hardware.
- Made with an adjustable shoulder strap.
- Advertised as vegan: No, but the material is faux leather.
- Pros: It's chic and beautifully detailed, but it's not overdone. Wear it with a jumpsuit or a flowy skirt.
- Cons: As a day purse, it's on the small side, which is only a con if you like your bags roomy.
2. Macrame Tort Handle Shopping Bag by Asos Design
- This is a bag to pair with acrylic tortoise earrings. It's a large shopper in beige macrame with stylish tortoiseshell-inspired handles.
- Lined with woven fabric and a slip pocket.
- Lightweight with an open-top design.
- Advertised as vegan: No, but this bag is made of paper and synthetic materials.
- Pros: As a farmers market bag, it's easy to use with an open top for tossing in veggies and jarred goods. Or pack your towels and a good book and head to the beach.
- Cons: It's a very casual, summery bag that might have fairly limited use. But it's so pretty.
3. Harper Vegan Leather Crossbody Bag by Free People
- Free People is almost synonymous with boho style, and the Harper crossbody bag doesn't let us down with woven and cutout details in vegan leather.
- Converts to a clutch thanks to the detachable chain shoulder strap.
- Designed with two zippered compartments for organization.
- Advertised as vegan: Yes, in the description.
- Pros: This bag comes in four neutral tones that are easy to match with anything in your wardrobe, and the chain strap gives it a contemporary twist. Wear it with heels for a dressier vibe or loafers for a sophisticated but casual look.
- Cons: With minimal depth, it might carry slender items only.
4. Bamboo Circle Boho Bag by Cult Gaia
- Bamboo is just about as boho as it gets. Cult Gaia's bamboo circle bag feels vintage yet ultra contemporary with its sunburst design and wooden bead strap.
- Constructed with a drawbridge top.
- Includes a dust bag.
- Advertised as vegan: No, but it's made of bamboo and wood.
- Pros: If unique is the name of the game, this bag is winning. Tie a scarf around the handle and wear it with your favorite sundresses.
- Cons: Is it practical? We'll let you be the judge, but maybe don't toss your keys in without testing whether they'll slip through first.
5. Boho Faux Leather Cutout Saddle Bag from Péche
- Add a little Southwest charm to your accessories with this boho saddle bag featuring floral cutouts and a faux leather tassel.
- Flap top fastens with a magnetic snap.
- Made with wide gussets for extra room.
- Advertised as vegan: No. However, it's made with faux leather.
- Pros: This pretty bag is a steal. It's perfect for jeans and crop tops and suitable for work.
- Cons: Some reviewers have reported that it's a tad bit smaller than they'd expected.
6. Bethany Beaded Handle Bag from Urban Outfitters
- The 70s comeback is still going strong in fashion. Urban Outfitters makes the Bethany handbag from wooden beads in varying sizes and shapes (the orange bag is especially retro).
- Designed in a triangular shape with top handles.
- Zippered and lined inside.
- Advertised as vegan: No. But the materials are wood and polyester.
- Pros: As statement bags go, this one is a little different—it doesn't have any sequins or animal prints, but it certainly stands out in a crowd. Use it on special occasions or when you're feeling adventurous.
- Cons: It's quite mini, so you'll probably need to save it for a party or a dinner date. Or you can get meta with it and carry it in a larger bag.
7. Moroccan Inspired Fringe Bucket Bag from Angedanlia
- This faux leather bucket bag is intricately embellished with fringe, Moroccan-inspired fabric and beaded details.
- Made with braided handles.
- Top is zippered and lining has multiple pockets.
- Advertised as vegan: No—as faux leather.
- Pros: There's something magical about Moroccan textiles. This bag is colorful and oh-so bohemian, and we appreciate the functionality of all the little compartments.
- Cons: It's gorgeous but definitely busy. Plan to wear it with solid colors in your outfit so there's no pattern competition.
8. Bella Beaded Velvet Boho Clutch from Anthropologie
- The beadwork on this bag is something to behold. It's decorated with beads, sequins and faux pearls in iridescent golds and creams that pop against the plush red velvet.
- Comes with a removable gold chain strap.
- Fastens with a magnetic clasp.
- Advertised as vegan: No. However, the materials are synthetic.
- Pros: Florals, beads and velvet...that's boho in a nutshell. If you don't think you'll get much use out of a clutch, you'll appreciate the attachable shoulder strap.
- Cons: As with so many beautiful evening bags, the minimal space inside.
9. Faux Leather Fringe Envelope Bag from HDE
- It looks dainty, but it's actually decently sized (and decently priced). Get this faux leather fringe bag for everyday use.
- Closes with a flap top and zipper.
- Constructed with a detachable, adjustable shoulder strap.
- Advertised as vegan: No, but the description shows faux leather.
- Pros: The style is versatile, and you have your choice of matchable colors. Switch up your day bag or keep this for the times you need something smaller than a tote but larger than a mini purse.
- Cons: The fringe tassels on the flap would be better placed underneath it.
10. Santana Pom Pom Jute Tote by SHIRALEAH
- Whether you use this for travel, groceries or an afternoon stroll, you're sure to get plenty of use out of Shiraleah's jute Santana tote.
- Trimmed with colorful pom poms and thread.
- Unlined inside.
- Advertised as vegan: No, but it's made of jute and synthetic materials.
- Pros: Who says a reusable grocery bag can't be fun? Or take it to the flea market. A big bag like this can hold all your shopping.
- Cons: As it's unlined, you'll have to be careful cleaning it.