Though you may not immediately think of ice packs as an essential part of your daily routine, they can provide you with many benefits when used correctly. For example, good lunch box ice packs fit easily into just about any lunch box or bag.
We compiled 15 of the best ice packs for lunch boxes and many other vital pieces of information.
Here’s a quick summary of our top picks and why we selected them:
|Product Name||Why We Picked It|
|Bentgo Ice Lunch Chillers|| |
|Bentgo Kids Chill Box|| |
|Healthy Packers Ice Pack for Meal Box|| |
|Komax Ice Pack for Meal Box|| |
|Bentgo Buddies Reusable Ice Packs – Dinosaur|| |
The Top 15 Best Lunch Box Ice Packs
In this list, we’ll examine the best 15 ice packs we could find on the market today. We will give an idea of the feature of each of the top ice packs for lunch box options and the unique market to which they may appeal.
Bentgo Ice Lunch Chillers
Bentgo is a name you’re going to see repeatedly throughout this article. They sell a variety of ice packs for lunch bags, each with different benefits and drawbacks. We suggest this option for anybody who wants a thin and narrow ice pack that works well.
- Thin design fits easily into bags
- Company supports charities
- It should stay cool for a long time
- Narrow construction may feel flimsy to some
Bentgo Kids Chill Box
This entry is a bit of a cheat because it is technically a meal box and not an ice pack. However, it provides one of the coolest and most effective options for keeping your lunch at a reasonable temperature. They’re perfect for young children or parents of children who send them lunches to school.
- Keeps food separate from other items
- Includes reusable ice tray
- It fits comfortably in most backpacks
- It may not be a good choice for adults
Healthy Packers Ice Pack for Meal Box
We love these slim ice packs because they use a hard gel to produce your temperature protection. The hard gel works very well for those who need long-term cold, including those working outside in relatively warm temperatures. We think that they’re an excellent choice for the working person on a construction site or other similar jobs.
- The very durable overall design
- It lasts for a long time
- Streamlined design fits most lunch boxes
- It may be too potent for those who need short-term cooling help
Komax Ice Pack for Meal Box
Like many reusable ice packs on this list, Komax uses a hard gel that will stay cooler for longer. While the surface should be puncture-proof, if it does get damaged, the gel should not leak out.
As a result, it is very safe and durable. Even better, it won’t inflate as it freezes or causes freezer burn. We think this option works well for people who have small lunch boxes or bags.
- Easy to reuse with minimal difficulty
- It should fit into just about any bag
- It comes from a reliable manufacturer
- They could seem expensive compared to the best ice packs
Bentgo Buddies Reusable Ice Packs – Dinosaur
If you have a kid or are a kid at heart, you might love these adorable reusable ice packs for lunch boxes. They utilize the same high-quality construction and design you get from all Bentgo products but come in the shape of a dinosaur! While that may seem silly, it is a perfect option for those kids who love dinos.
- Surprisingly durable for a simple product
- Very cute and fun to use and keeps drinks cold and food cold
- It fits nicely into a surprising array of lunch boxes and lunch bags
- It might be a little too silly for adults who want the best ice packs for a cooler bag.
Fit & Fresh Cool Coolers Soft Ice
These ice packs are designed for an insulated lunch box and general purpose. For example, you can place them on a bruise to help it disappear more quickly.
We think they’re an excellent general-purpose option and will fit nicely into most lunch boxes or lunch bags. They’re also somewhat flexible to keep them soft enough for multiple uses.
- They can be used for many different things
- It should fit easily into small lunch boxes
- They could work well for managing injuries
It might not fit well into some Bento boxes.
ADRIMER Ice Packs for Lunch
If you’re looking for an incredibly slim pack that will avoid bulking up your bag, this option may be for you. Its one-half-inch depth makes it one of our list’s smallest and narrowest options.
As a result, it should fit perfectly into small boxes or bags and help your bags stay cold. We think it’s an excellent choice for anyone who wants to keep their food cool as long as possible.
- The durable design works well for kids prone to dropping things
- A simple style makes sure that it isn’t hard to store
- The high-quality material will last for a long time
- It may not cool down larger lunch boxes or bags as well
Here’s a gel pack that can stay cold long enough for a typical camping experience and keeps your drinks cold. This ice pack will easily fit into large coolers, a variety of lunch boxes, and even Bento boxes.
If you want a cooler bag that will keep your lunch cold and won’t take all night to freeze, this slim ice pack option is a good pick and produces Arctic ice cold that keeps your lunch cool and won’t take up too much space while keeping drinks cold.
- It freezes surprisingly quickly for a single ice pack and keeps your cooler cool
- The cold temperature lasts long enough to hit lunch and keeps your beverages cold.
- These cooler packs work well with coolers and other similar ice pack products.
- It might be a bit big compared to other ice packs.
Cooler Shock Reusable Pack
What we found most interesting about this pack was how cold it could get for a long time. When frozen and maintained correctly, this ice pack can get lunch boxes and coolers at 18 degrees Fahrenheit (-8 degrees Celsius), which will keep food and drinks cold without using multiple ice packs.
We suggest this option for those who need a long-lasting cool. Even if it doesn’t last a full two days for your food and drinks, it should give you the cooling power that you want.
- It should cool your food very well
- Your temperature will be colder than ice sheets
- Its “48-hour” claim as an ice pack may not be accurate
Thrive Reusable Ice Bag for Lunch Boxes
These Thrive ice packs feature fun and colorful designs and patterns. We strongly recommend this option to the kid or the kid-at-heart who wants a cute ice pack that fits into their overall style sense without being too flashy.
- The cute design should appeal to many people
- This ice pack feels sturdy when fully frozen
- They may not last as long as other ice packs on our list
Kinsho Soft Ice Packs for Lunch Box
If your child (or, let’s face it, you) enjoy a Bento box, this ice pack may be a good choice for you. Their soft exterior will fit easily into most Bento boxes with relative ease and Arctic ice coldness that helps food stay cold.
In addition, the dynamic freezing gel pack helps to minimize moisture. We think this option is great for those people looking out for the environment who want cool food and drinks.
- They work well for most types of Bento boxes
- The safer gel makes them environmentally sound
- It may not keep food as cool as similar ice packs
BLUE ELE BE01 Pack for Lunch Box
These colorful ice packs may not seem much different than your average pack. However, they provide a reliable level of cooling that is hard to get from other gel-based ice packs.
In addition, they typically last for a few hours longer than many ice packs and have sturdy and robust sides that do not break and keep drinks cold. That’s why we recommend them as a great all-around solution for your ice packs.
- These ice packs work well for most situations
- It could last for many hours longer than normal
- The size may be awkward for some small bags
TOURIT Ice Packs for Coolers
If you have a big bag or cooler and want a pack that will fit it properly, you may enjoy this option. This longer pack is just under nine inches and maybe a bit too long for some people’s tastes.
However, its size is perfect for coolers or, more significant, lunch box designs. This larger size is also an excellent benefit for those who want their lunch to be cooler with ice packs.
- The longer shape works well for coolers
- It should last longer than most ice packs
- It could be too long for some lunch boxes
Shark Lunch Bag Lunch Box Set
Here’s another item that may not technically be a pack but was too fun to ignore. It is a lunch set that includes a pack, a water bottle, and a cute lunch box with a fun design.
The partying sharks on the front will put a smile on most kids’ faces, and slim ice packs will keep their meals cool. We think this option is excellent for kids or even silly adults who don’t mind a fun and eccentric lunch set for their work needs.
- This set includes many fun design elements
- It also contains multiple items for lunch protection
- This package could be a tad silly for some users
Lifoam Industries LLC Freez Pak
Last (but not least) on our list is the simple and portable pack. Its compact overall size (not over seven inches in any direction) makes it easy to fit into small bags and packs.
It also freezes in just three hours, which is a nice benefit if you’re on the go and want your pack to last. Try it out if you want a no-nonsense model.
- Its compact size makes it easy to store
- The design is timelessly simple
- It could be too small for bigger packs
What to Look For in a Pack
When you’re shopping for a pack for your lunch box, many different questions may pop into your mind.
For example, how exactly did we rate these 15 ice packs as the best? We looked at a few various aspects that defined each of these products. Just a few of these elements include:
- Puncture-Free Surface – Does your pack advertise itself as puncture-free? If not, there’s a chance that it could crack open and spill gel and other items in your food. Try to find one with a solid and durable surface that won’t puncture easily or cause any other concerns with your meals.
- Quantity – Does your package come with multiple iceboxes or just one? Try to identify one that comes in a multi-pack. This option cuts back on the need to buy others later, especially if your kids or spouse decides that they love your pack and want to start using it.
- Quality – How well does your pack hold up against wear and tear damage? Does it feel comfortable to use, and does the cold temperature last as long as you need? Seriously consider these points when buying a pack to get the best results for your needs as a consumer.
- Overall Size – Do you want or need a huge pack or just a smaller one? You can typically decide this factor based on the size and shape of your lunch box or lunch bag. Buying one that’s too small may result in poor temperature management, while one that’s too big could fail to fit in your bag. If you have a large yeti cooler then a yeti ice pack might be warranted.
- Material Type – Lunch packs come in a few different types, including soft and complex options. A hard ice pack typically lasts longer and does not tear, providing maximum quality. However, soft ice packs are more pliant, easier to store, and simpler to pack. There’s a trade-off here, so make the most careful choice.
- Safety – Most high-quality ice packs utilize a BPA-free status and are free to store in lunch boxes without much fear. However, some may not be BPA-free, usually produced cheaply and overseas. Look for the BPA-free label and only buy these items to keep yourself safe and your food BPA-free when packing lunch with your ice packs.
We also suggest looking for an ice pack that works well in Bento boxes, as these lunch boxes are getting more and more popular. However, you may still use brown paper bags and take them with you wherever you take your lunch. Thankfully, most ice packs should fit easily into these bags and prevent excessive moisture or temperature changes from potentially causing food spoilage in a small cooler or large cooler with various food containers. It also helps prevent cooler shock while keeping food chilled and snacks cool.
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!