A blender is a great tool to have in your kitchen. They can be used to blend basic recipes like smoothies and frozen drinks, but you can use them in everyday cooking.
The problem many people have with blenders is the noise they make. It’s no secret that blenders make a lot of noise, and this is because of their motor. The higher the motor’s speed and power, the louder the blender.
But it doesn’t have to be this way. We’ve created this list of top quiet blenders as proof that you can indeed have a low volume blender that won’t wake the entire house.
Here’s a quick summary of our top picks and why we selected them:
|Product Name||Why We Picked It|
|Hamilton Beach Shield Blender||
|Vitamix Quiet One Quiet Shield Blender||
|Breville Hemisphere 800BLXL
Ninja Personal Blender
Hamilton Beach Power Single-Serve Personal Blender
Best Quiet Blenders You Can Buy
Hamilton Beach Shield Blender
Complete with both pre-programmed settings and a variable control to adjust the speed of your quiet blender, it’s easy to see why this quiet blender can quickly power through anything that you want to blend for your smoothie.
The lid is designed to fit the tamper through it in case anything gets stuck while trying to use the blender, and the removable quiet shield has been specifically designed to decrease the amount of noise you hear when you are using this quiet blender.
Thanks to the hardened stainless steel blades, you don’t have to run the quiet blender very long to power through ingredients.
- A quiet shield is easy to replace and dampens the sound.
- The 32-oz jar is BPA-free and shatterproof.
- Enjoy one-touch cleaning or put the parts in the dishwasher.
- Has a powerful 1500w quiet motor.
- Includes a pulse function for manual control.
- A very quiet blender that is affordable.
- There are reports of some users experiencing cracks in the quiet blender jar when blending drinks.
- Some users report that the higher speed settings result in very loud operations.
Vitamix Quiet One Quiet Shield Blender
If you make a lot of smoothies and want to replicate the velvety feel of smoothies that you buy in restaurants or cafes, you will want to opt for this commercial quiet shield blender. It can easily blend anything you want, produce a quality smoothie quickly, and do it all without waking anyone else in the house.
Thanks to the six presets, the speed control, and the ability to pulse, you can easily create the smoothest and most delicious smoothies you’ve ever made at home with the Quiet One Blender. You won’t need to worry about how loud it will be or whether or not you will be able to blend your ingredients thoroughly.
The Vitamix Quiet One is the option if you plan on making smoothies, pancake batter, mixed drinks, blending soups, and other frozen ingredients.
- One of the most powerful quiet blenders on the market but is still incredibly quiet.
- The sound shield prevents this quiet shield blender from being a nuisance when running even the toughest blends.
- It has multiple functions, allowing it to replace other equipment in your kitchen.
- Versatile speed controls give you power over the blend settings.
- It has a pulse button that allows you to customize your blends and other multiple speed settings.
- As powerful as commercial blenders.
- Very quiet blender with variable speed control.
- Noise-proof enclosure so that it is as quiet as possible.
- Shatterproof jar
- Some users struggle with paying this much money for a quiet blender.
- Some reports state that the blade assembly will shed Teflon when the quiet blender is running.
Breville Hemisphere 800BLXL
Unlike other low volume blenders that rely on a sound shield to help decrease the noise level created when you are blending a smoothie, this quiet blender from Breville is specifically designed to be quieter. This is due to changes to the motor.
The motor itself has reduced friction, which is what helps to create a much quieter blending experience and prevents the quiet blender from being too loud.
Additionally, this low volume blender boasts a 67-ounce jar, one of the largest jars available. It can have such a large jar because no sound shield has to fit over it, allowing you to make huge batches of smoothies if you want.
- The shape of the blade is designed to hug the bowl for fast and thorough blending.
- The pitcher is made of polycarbonate and will resist cracking and fogging.
- Streamlined buttons make it easy to operate without having to worry about learning a lot of preset functions.
- Some users report that overfilling the jar can cause the lid to blow.
- There are reports of the motor overheating if the jar is too full or the product to be blended is too thick.
- Very limited variable speed settings.
Blendtec Pro 800 with Sealed Sound Enclosure
Blendtec boasts that this quiet shield blender is the “world’s quietest blender,” thanks to its quiet shield that reduces noise. The sleek sound enclosure is easy to lift and drop and dampens sound and makes the blender look sleek and professional.
Thanks to the illuminated display, you will be able to easily track how much more time you have to wait until your smoothie is finished, and with pre-programmed settings, it’s easy to select the “smoothie” button and then walk away.
If you want more control, you can use the 11-speed slider, and the pulse to custom make the smoothie of your dreams.
- The jar is designed to help keep smoothie ingredients moving towards the blade.
- Cleanup is fast and easy.
- One of the quietest blender options on the market.
- Great for making smoothies, ice crush, batters, mixed drinks, and much more.
- A very low volume blender with a huge mixing jar.
- Some users struggle with an air pocket forming above the blades when blending.
- There are reports of users having problems with the touchpad responding to them.
Ninja Personal Blender
Even though it doesn’t have a sound shield, we chose this Ninja Blender for this list because its motor will naturally make less noise than alternatives. Generally, the more powerful a motor is, the louder you can expect the blender to be.
At 700 watts, the motor in this blender is dainty enough to operate pretty quietly. However, it still has the strength and speed it needs to make thick and indulgent smoothies for you.
We also love how easy it is to operate. It’s designed to provide you with effortless blending because all you need to do is push on top of the blending jar to start blending.
- The motor will naturally run quiet because it’s not over-powered.
- Easy to use push controls.
- It comes with two to-go cups so you can take your drinks with you.
- Its motor isn’t quite as powerful as other options on this list.
- Some feel that the to-go cups are a little too small.
Hamilton Beach Power Single-Serve Personal Blender
Interestingly, this small Hamilton Beach blender comes with a sound shield designed to blend with speed and quiet. You don’t really see many personal-sized blenders like this with a shield.
At 800 watts, its motor is also decently powerful. That’s what makes it ideal for blending smaller smoothies filled with frozen fruits and veggies for yourself.
The controls are intuitive, as well. With just two buttons – /stop and blend – you can learn to use this Hamilton Beach model in mere minutes.
- Smaller-sized blender designed to be quiet.
- Simple and intuitive controls.
- Decently powerful motor that can handle tough ingredients.
- The motor isn’t as powerful as some of the options on this list.
- There are some reports that it can’t blend more than a handful of ice or so at once.
Hamilton Beach Personal Blender
Although this blender doesn’t have a sound shield, its lower-power motor means it won’t make quite as much noise as other options. That’s why, when it comes to the top quiet blenders, we think it’s worth mentioning as a good low volume blender.
At 175 watts, you’re sacrificing quite a bit of speed and power, but you’re gaining quiet. In terms of smoothies, though, this is a great option. The motor has plenty of speed to handle your fruits and veggies.
Perhaps best of all, its small size means you can take it with you. You could blend at the office, in a hotel, at a friend’s house…wherever you go, you can take this small smoothie blender with you.
- The small size makes it a great portable blender.
- A 175-watt motor means it won’t make as much sound as alternatives.
- Available in a few striking colors.
- One-touch blending makes it incredibly easy to use.
- BPA-free plastic makes it perfectly safe to drink from.
- Because its motor doesn’t have as many watts, it’s somewhat limited in use.
- They may have a harder time with traditionally tougher ingredients like ice cubes.
What are the Quietest Blenders? (And What Makes Them Quiet)
Let’s take a look at what makes a given blender quiet. We’ll discuss the quietest blenders and what exactly makes them efficient at reducing noise are.
One of the first things you should look for for the best quiet blenders is sound enclosures. These lids can go over the blending pitcher during use to reduce the noise level while in use.
Ideally, the noise shield should be removable. When it comes time to clean it, all you need to do is pull the sound shield off and wash it wherever you’re most comfortable.
Some examples of our favorite quiet blenders with sound shields would be the Vitamix Quiet One or the Blendtec Pro 800. These are models that come from extremely reputable blender manufacturers with a lot of experience.
Aside from shields, you can factor in the design of the blending jar itself. Some jar shapes and materials naturally produce higher noise levels during the blending process.
Consider how ingredients sound when they’re hitting the sides of a glass jar as opposed to a plastic one, for example. Like those used in frozen treats, harder ingredients can produce a ringing sound when they hit the glass.
Sometimes, a narrower shape can also help reduce noise because there’s less room for ingredients to get thrown around.
Blenders with powerful motors are usually our choice. With more watts at your disposal, you can trust that your blender can crush just about anything you can throw at it, from seeds to leafy greens to thick milkshakes.
The drawback to motors with a lot of blending power is that they tend to lead to higher decibel ratings. Think about it: a smaller motor will generally make less noise during use.
Blenders are no exception. This is why smaller, personal-sized smoothie makers, for instance, tend to be quieter than large and powerful blenders.
It’s worth noting that powerful motors can still be beneficial when reducing noise levels, too. Because they can blend more quickly, the time spent blending is reduced.
The wattage of the motor isn’t the only thing you should pay attention to as you consider blenders. The enclosure encasing the motor is also something that deserves attention.
It’s this enclosure that helps protect and house the motor. A well-designed enclosure can prevent the loud noise of the motor running from bothering you.
High-end blenders typically have fan cooling systems built into them. This helps keep the blender nice and cool during use, even when you use it for a long time at once.
However, as you might already know, fans can make a lot of noise. The airflow is helpful for blender maintenance, but the fact is, it can get loud.
This is why fans that are designed to operate quietly will be worth considering when the volume is your greatest concern.
Just like motor strength, the power of the blades is worth consideration, too. Stronger blades will be able to chop through tough ingredients like grains and spices more quickly.
Because it won’t take as long to blend your creations, you won’t need to worry about the volume being loud for long. Vitamix, for instance, is an example of a brand that makes blenders with reliable, long-lasting, and sharp blades.
Frequently Asked Questions About Quiet Blenders
Do I need a Sound Enclosure?
Some blenders are quieter than others, but a sound enclosure will ensure that you’re getting the most noise reduction possible. Putting the blender jar into a sound enclosure is the most effective way of making it quieter.
Which Blender Jar Material is Best?
A BPA-free blender jar is an optimal material for a blender for the most part. Many of these blender container options are heat resistant and are super durable. They won’t chip if you’re blending heavy ingredients such as ice chips.
Do I need Dishwasher Safe?
Most blenders are easy to clean outside of the dishwasher, but being fully dishwasher safe is also a plus. Keep in mind that its best to rinse directly after blending; otherwise, food might crust on in the dishwasher, even if it is dishwasher safe.
Can These Blenders Handle Frozen Fruit?
All the blenders on this list can handle frozen fruit. Any new low volume blender will have the capability of handling frozen foods and being able to crush ice.
Do I need an Ice Crush Setting for Crushing Ice?
No, you do not need a specific setting for crushing ice. All of the blenders on this list have powerful stainless steel blades and motors so that these things aren’t a problem.
How Do You Make a Blender Make Less Noise?
There are a few different ways to make your current blender make less noise if you cannot afford one of the options on this list. These come in handy if relatives are sleeping or live in an apartment where you need to keep quiet after certain hours.
- Blend on low– By not turning your machine up to full power, it’s going to make a heck of a lot less noise. Depending on the job, it’s not always necessary to crank it up to the full blast. So if your unit has variable speed control, let it go at the least setting you have to.
- Don’t use frozen ingredients – The sound of ice cubes and frozen fruit being crushed can sometimes be louder than the motor on a blender. If you don’t mind having a softer smoothie, consider using fresh fruit without many ice cubes to reduce the noise when you’re blending.
- Get some noise-canceling ear covers –This won’t help if you’re keeping the noise down for others, but they can go a long way to protecting your ears. High-powered motors can get pretty loud, and it’s not good to expose yourself to them repeatedly. It’s probably not the biggest deal if you blend once in a while, but you might not want to risk it if you blend a few times a day.
- Place it on a mat –By placing your blender on a silicon or rubber mat, you’ll dampen the blender’s vibrations and thus reduce the sound.
- Use a dish towel –If you don’t have a silicone mat, placing a dish towel under the blender can also work to dampen the noise. The only downside is that it doesn’t have as much grip and traction as a mat, so make sure that the vibrations don’t cause the unit to move everywhere.
What is a Commercial Blender?
A commercial blender typically has different warranty rules than regular blenders. They function just the same but are built for high volume and make many drinks per hour.
What Does the Pulse Feature Do?
The pulse function will cause the blender’s blades to spin very briefly inside the blending jug. This is useful if you want to do a quick chop of something without pureeing. For example, if your blender makes soup, you can pulse some herbs at the very end before serving the soup, so they are chopped and not pureed.
What is Infinite Speed Control or Variable Speed Control?
This is the ability to blend at different speeds. This makes it easy to form a vortex or chop ingredients at different rates.
Is the Jamba Appliances Blender still around?
We could not find the Jamba blender for sale anymore in 2022.
What is Dual direction Blade Technology?
This function allows blades to go in both directions, which helps get ingredients into the blades. It’s not a necessary function and seems to be more of a marketing thing than anything else.
Why Are They Loud?
Blenders are loud because of two main reasons.
- Food crushing – If you’ve ever blended something like chickpeas to make flour, you’ll know that the sound can be horrendous. The blades cutting into a hard object at high speeds is jarring and hurts your ears.
- Vibrations –The motor also produces loud vibrations outside of anything that the blades do. These vibrations echo off of other surfaces reflecting the sound and causing disturbance and harm to your ears. This is why you can use a towel and a mat to dampen the sound.
Is there a Blender that Doesn’t Make noise?
Unfortunately, there isn’t a perfectly silent blender. With vigorous motors and spinning blades, they have to make some noise by their nature. You can’t expect your blender to make any sound when you use it to do something like puree vegetables!
However, certain designs lead to a blender that blends quietly. As we mentioned previously, this usually comes down to sound shields, motor power, jar design, and the motor enclosure.
Which Ninja Blender is the Quietest?
Ninja is a manufacturer that makes tons of products with amazing functionality. They have plenty of blenders to choose from, but many of them aren’t necessarily designed for low noise output.
We included a Ninja blender on this list, so that’s one we’d recommend if you’re looking for one that won’t wake up your housemates. The Ninja blender we recommended is the Ninja Blender.
It’s important to note that this blender is designed for making personal servings. Its blending containers may not be large enough to make batches for your whole family. To see other options check out our best Ninja blender post.
Should Stainless Steel Blender Blades be Sharp?
It’s not necessary to have sharp stainless steel blender blades. It’s better if you have duller blades (as they won’t wear over time) and a powerful motor to do the heavy lifting.
While we feel that each blender on this list deserves its place, you’re probably wondering which one we would say is the our favorite low volume blender on this list. Each blender here is excellent, but there is one we’d pick as the best and quietest blender out of them all.
If your budget allows for it, we suggest picking the Vitamix Quiet One Blender. It’s tough, has a generous 48-oz container, and is one a great pick.
We understand that the price tag generally comes with Vitamix blenders isn’t always possible. If you’re looking for the quietest blender on a budget, we recommend choosing the Hamilton Beach Shield Blender. Going with this blender will get the best low volume blender with a more affordable price point.
Another great budget-friendly option for the quietest blender is the Ninja Blender. It might be a bit louder than alternatives with a sound shield, but a gentler motor means that it will still run fairly quietly.
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!