Looking for the best lunch box for construction workers? In this guide, we’ll give you a bunch of solid options that you can take to the job site.
|Image||Product||Where to Buy|
|Under Armour Soft Cooler||View on Amazon|
|Ice Mule Classic Cooler||View on Amazon|
|Superhandy Commercial Grade Cooler||View on Amazon|
|Igloo Playmate Ultra Elite Lunch Box||View on Amazon|
|Mier Double Compartment Large Cooler Lunch Box||View on Amazon|
Construction Worker Lunch Box Reviews
The under armour sports a sleek, jet-black design. In fact, it is one of the better ones on the market. The whole lunch box is obviously made with excellent sturdiness in mind. Everything from the way it looks to the amount of compartments in it screams “construction.”
- A multitude of compartments is available, which is extremely useful when you want to hold something other than just your lunch in the lunch bag. This can be either water/snacks or other, more important things.
- The make of the bag is extremely high-quality, and it offers superb protection to everything in it. Even if a whole wall fell on this bag, you’d probably still find half your food intact.
- Despite its sturdiness, it’s extremely easy to wash on the inside due to the high-durability plastics inside. Furthermore, the bag is entirely waterproof and leakproof.
- The insulation can sometimes leave something to be desired, as some users have complained, despite others facing no such issues.
- The zippers are kind of low quality, though that generally won’t be a dealbreaker here.
Related Article: Best Insulated Lunch Bag for Adults (Top 7 Options)
The IceModule classic is simplicity at its finest. It doesn’t sport any additional compartments, settings, zippers etc. In fact, it’s entirely without any peripherals. It’s only made up of a strap, and the inner cooling system.
- It’s extremely simple, so if having a million compartments gets overwhelming for you, then a bag like this which has none of them might be the choice for you. Alternatively, you might just feel like simplicity makes it harder for things to break down.
- Its insulation is top-notch. The IceModule classic will keep ice frozen for time periods of over 24 hours. Imagine how well that kind of insulation will keep your food’s temperature? Extremely well, that’s right.
- It’s quite small. If you’re expecting to carry your breakfast and lunch in this bag, you’ll be sorely disappointed to find that its size is nowhere near enough for this.
- While the simplicity can be seen as a positive, some might find that the lack of compartments is quite the downside.
Read Also: Best Lunch Boxes for Nurses (Top 8 Options)
The SuperHandy Ice Cooler is expensive. There’s no way of going around that fact, and yet, it is on this list. You should know that means this bag gives you some of the best performance on the market today. In fact, when it comes to quite a few factors, it is by far the number 1 on this list.
- It can keep ice frozen for up to 10 days. Yes, you read that right, this bag can keep your ice frozen for 10 days at a time. Even if you work in a steaming-hot environment and cut that in half, you’ll still be keeping your ice frozen for 5 days, and lunch frozen infinitely longer.
- This thing could probably take a bomb and leave your pizza intact. The durability of the SuperHandy is out of this world, after all, for commanding such a high price, it ought to be.
- It’s very large. If you can take the weight, you could easily carry all three meals for the day in the SuperHandy, alongside drinks and snacks. Even then, you might find that you still have some room left over.
- For such an expensive bag, one would expect quite a few compartments. Users of the SuperHandy will be disappointed to know that there, in fact, aren’t any.
- The price- the biggest downside of the SuperHandy is that as (pardon the pun) Super Handy it is, it is as Super Pricy.
Recommended Article: 14 Best Lunch Boxes That Fit in a Backpack
The Igloo playmate is quite the looker of a bag. The sleek design of it, as well as the name, point to its simplicity. While simple, the bag offers many design choices that manufacturers of more expensive bags might have neglected to add.
- The Igloo Playmate features some much appreciated, scarcely found features. For example, the soft-grip handle makes it so that it’s much easier to carry than other, similar bags. Another is the push button lid design for convenient one-handed operation. This can come in handy during construction, as you’ll rarely have both of your hands free at once.
- It opens on both sides, which can save you some time, and more importantly, frustration. There are few things worse than a frustrated construction worker, partly because an angry mistake can cost you and your coworkers your lives.
- It’s quite large, it’s big enough to hold a full day’s worth of food, together with a few liters of water. While not the largest of the bags on this list, it has one of the most compact, yet spacious designs.
- The Igloo Playmate, unfortunately, comes with no additional compartments. This can leave many users frustrated if they want to store anything more than food within it.
- Some users have had problems with the latch shutting, albeit most of these received refunds afterwards.
The MIER double compartment cooler bag is an excellent pick. The black design is extremely sleek and good looking, but the bag still maintains a respectable size and dual carrying options, comfortable for both your hand and your shoulder if you choose to use it instead.
- It has quite a few compartments, and even a delegation between “hot” and “cold” ones. This can be extremely useful for those that want to eat different foods on the job. For example, you might want your hamburger to stay warm, but you wouldn’t like the same to happen to your ice cream.
- The bag is quite leak-proof and easy to clean. These three things together make it pretty much ideal for anyone looking for a no-nonsense excellent lunch bag. If you spill something in it, it’s as simple as scrubbing it with a piece of cloth a few times.
- It’s quite spacious and lightweight. This combination is scarcely found in construction-oriented lunch bags. After all, the smaller a bag is the lighter it is. MIER found lighter materials that they now use to make the bag both large AND lightweight at once.
- Some customers have shown concerns about the stitching near the handlle straps. While many haven’t had this issue, it’s still worth keeping an eye out.
- It has a soft bottom shell, meaning it will often topple, and this also makes its durability quite sub-par for most construction site applications.
The work cooler is yet another in the line of compartment-less lunch bags. Fortunately, this one is quite a bit cheaper than the last. It does come with some rather nifty twists however, such as doubling as a seat that supports up to 140kg.
- It can double as a seat, which is surprisingly useful in a construction scenario. If you want to eat your food and have a break, you don’t need to go to the nearest bench, rather, all you need to do is take your food out and sit on your bag.
- It’s quite large, boasting a carrying capacity of over 17 liters. This means that you’ll have no trouble carrying all of your food and drinks in this bag. Even if you’re a bigger guy, you’ll have enough here to last you through the day.
- The construction is incredibly sturdy. You could probably tell from the fact it is quite literally designed to be used as a seat. This means that pretty much no matter what kind of abuse you put this bag through, it’s going to last.
- There have been numerous customer complaints about the strap quality being rather low. On the other hand, there are many users that haven’t had this issue, and the company has reimbursed those that were affected.
- It’s quite heavy, though for the kind of quality it provides, this is a small price to pay.
The YETI Roadie 20 Cooler is quite the solid cooler/lunch box. While it does require ice to keep your stuff cool, much like its name suggests, it will do so quite well. It also boasts a sublime, solid-white design.
- It’s in close contention for the sturdiest box in this list. To put it in the companies words “The Rotomolded Construction makes the Roadie armored to the core and virtually indestructible so wherever you decide to take it, this portable cooler’s sturdy construction will stand up to the rigors of the journey”
- The T-Red latches make sure that your food won’t fall out of the box no matter how hard it’s shaken. This is a great asset in a chaotic construction environment.
- It’s quite large, while not the largest box on this list, it’s got enough room in it for at least 2 meals.
- Unfortunately, unlike its namesake, the YETI is not precisely leakproof. In case you’re bringing lots of easily spillable fluids with you, considering a different option might be a good idea.
- It’s extremely expensive, and might not be worth the money compared to some of the other options out there.
Further Reading: Top 8 Best Lunch Boxes That Lock
This is a small, compact lunch box for those that don’t need 2-3 meals a day to be carried with them. It also comes with an easily detachable bottle, so you should have quite an easy time hydrating at work.
- It’s so sturdy the company offers a lifetime warranty. This is a true mark of quality, and you can plunge on one of these without worry, because any damage will be reimbrused by the company itself.
- The all-metal construction promises excellent durability. This promise is very much delivered upon, not even a manic working environment like that on construction sites is likely to put even a dent on this lunch box.
- The box is fully leak/waterproof. This can be extremely important because of all the fluids going around, and since it also comes with a cooled water bottle of its own, it would be quite ironic if it wasn’t.
- The locking mechanism is the only downside of this box. Some products appear to have shipped out with a defect that makes locking difficult, if you get stuck with one of these, just contact the company and get a no-questions-asked refund.
- The cooler is rather small, so if you need to carry a lot of food with you, you might want to sleep on this one.
The Stanley Adventure cooler definitely looks its name from the bright red design. It’s pretty much all plastic, however, the plastic is quite thick and well made. This makes it superior to many of its metal counterparts.
- It’s really big! This is one of those coolers where you can just pack literally everything you need for the day and not worry about missing a thing. while it is all in one compartment, at least that one compartment is huge to compensate.
- The lid snaps tight. This means that no matter how much you shake the box, your stuff won’t come pouring out. On the other hand, you should expect to use a bit more strength when opening this compared to most other lunch boxes.
- It has excellent isolation, and will keep your stuff cool and fresh for up to two days at a time! In addition to that, it’s backed up by a lifetime warranty in case its effectiveness drops.
- Some customers have complained about the handle not attaching too firmly to the rest of the box. On the other hand, this is relatively minor, and many customers haven’t had this issue.
- Occasionally, the lid will close too tightly and become quite difficult to open.
The Stanley Classic is just that, classic. This model foregoes extra compartments, and bright colors to go for a streamlined, robust look, and great functionality.
- Its size is quite decent, you should be able to pack at least two meals into this lunch box before you start facing any problems.
- The construction is all-metal and, therefore, quite sturdy. The Stanley Classic will fare excellently in the work conditions presented in a construction site.
- It uses hinges to keep shut, meaning its much less prone to getting opened by shaking than most other lunch boxes. In addition to this, it’s also supported by a lifetime warranty.
- Some customers have made complaints on the handle integrity of the box. With that being said, many users haven’t faced this issue.
- Depending on the version, the thermos may or may not fit in the box.
What to Consider In a Construction Worker Lunch Box
The number of compartments is naturally quite important for a construction worker’s lunch box. After all, it is what decides how many ways you can sort your meals, drinks and similar. It is also correlated to the general spaciousness of the box itself.
You want the most room possible, because construction work is, well,not exactly the easiest thing out there, meaning that you will probably face hunger much more often than your average Joe.
While the design of your lunch bag might not NEED to be extremely high-quality due to the nature of your field, we all feel better when our stuff looks cool than when it doesn’t.
Because of this, we’ll be considering the design from the perspectives of efficiency and coolness. Generally, efficiency comes first, because functionality is the most important thing for any tool during construction.
Accidents and spillages happen. They happen even moreso on construction sites, this is why it’s extra important to be prepared for them. While you’re lugging your bag around construction sites, you’re bound to cause a spill inside it at least once or twice.
If your bag is leakproof and waterproof, you’ll be thanking any and all gods you believe in for it. This is mostly because it will leave you with less to clean after such a hard working day.
You need to be mobile at a construction site. After all, if your construction manager tells you to move somewhere, you can’t exactly tell them to wait 20 minutes for you to fetch your bag. This is why the portability of these lunch bags comes in huge for their quality measurements.
As we already said, accidents happen on construction sites. You can’t expect everything to go right, in fact, Murphy’s law is probably the only one a construction site seems to obey.
Because of this, you want yourself, and your lunch bag, to be prepared for the worst. In this case, the worst is literal bricks falling on it. This is why durability will be one of the most important things for us to consider.
This doesn’t really need an explanation does it? Most construction workers aren’t exactly millionaires, so the price of a bag needs to be taken into consideration. After all, you’d sooner take a 7/10 bag for $20 than you would a 9/10 for $100. We will keep this in mind, meaning higher-cost bags will only appear on this list in case they’re really something special that you should pay attention to.
The size of a bag is quite important because, well, it needs to take your stuff with it. If you’re 190 lbs, you’ll need a lot more food than the average man, hence needing a bigger lunch bag to go with it.
In this article, we’ll be prioritizing size above almost all other factors, because what does a bag’s durability matter if it can’t even bring your lunch with you to the construction site?
Insulation AKA “how long can the bag keep your temperature” is another very important factor. You wouldn’t want to have your ice cream melt, nor would you like to be faced with cold leftovers of the main course.
This is why insulation comes in clutch in cases like these. It’s critical to be able to find a bag that offers excellent insulation, because that way, you’ll eat much tastier meals. In the end, isn’t that the whole point behind owning a lunch bag?
In my opinion, the best value options on this list are the Klein Tools work cooler or the Under Armour 24 can lunch box. Both are affordable and great for bringing large amounts of food to a construction site.
Related Article: Top 14 Best Lunch Boxes That Look Like Purses