Are you looking for a vegan leather messenger bag? We found 10 options with choices for both men and women that you’re going to love. There are also a few unisex options!
Now let’s check out some of these messenger bags…
1. Saddle Tan Vegan Leather Laptop Unisex Messenger Bag by Rockdale
- If you thought all the good messenger bags come in genuine leather, we’ve got news for you. Here’s a gorgeous unisex messenger bag made of smooth vegan leather in rich saddle tan.
- It fastens with two silver metal buckles
- The laptop compartment has protective padding and fits a 15″ device.
- Advertised as vegan: Yes, in the product description.
- Pros: Classic and professional, this vintage-inspired messenger bag is the kind you want for work and T.C.B. (taking care of business). The earthy color goes perfectly with gray or black business suits, or pair it with jeans and a casual knit sweater.
- Cons: Its light color may make scratches visible.
2. Men’s Kingcol Black Faux Leather Messenger Bag by Ted Baker
- A casual messenger bag designed for men in black faux leather with blue striped fabric detail on the flap top.
- The interior is lined with a separate laptop pocket.
- The nylon shoulder strap is adjustable.
- Advertised as vegan: No, but this is a polyurethane faux leather bag.
- Pros: This bag keeps it casual, so it’s ideal for leisurely day trips and airport carry-on. And the splash of color on the front makes it totally wearable with just about any shade in your closet.
- Cons: The laptop compartment isn’t padded, so you’d just need to be mindful of that if you use it for your tech gear.
3. Unisex Gray Twill Office Messenger Bag with Vegan Leather Accents by Vangoddy
- Searching high and low for a stylish fabric messenger bag? This classy gray twill bag has black vegan leather top handles and details throughout.
- Spacious with multiple padded compartments, including a laptop section secured with a Velcro strap.
- Padded vegan leather shoulder strap lends comfort and style.
- Advertised as vegan: Yes.
- Pros: An extra-large messenger bag like this one lets you pack a worry-free bag with all the essentials. We love that it has separate zippered compartments for simplified organization.
- Cons: Reviewers report that there aren’t any smaller interior pockets for little things like cellphone chargers and notepads.
4. Women’s Brown Faux Leather Weekender Messenger Bag by Ecosusi
- Polished and stylish to the max, this women’s dark brown faux leather bag has high-end appeal with its brushed metal hardware and fetching yet simple bow on the flap top.
- The Interior is zippered to protect your belongings.
- Comes with an outer pocket beneath the flap for the little things.
- Advertised as vegan: No, but this bag is faux leather.
- Pros: The chic bow gives this messenger bag a little something extra. Ladies, if you’re looking for a professional but feminine business bag, this is it. Wear it with a suit or heels and a dress.
- Cons: It’s on the small side, so be prepared to be selective about what you take with you.
5. Women’s Black Faux PU Leather Convertible Backpack Messenger Bag by Ecosusi
- A sharp ladies’ briefcase, backpack, and messenger bag rolled into one. It was made of black faux leather with bronze hardware and a vintage vibe.
- The Interior has a zippered main compartment, a zippered pocket, and two open pouches.
- Flap top fastens with belted straps.
- Advertised as vegan: No, but this bag is advertised as faux P.U. leather.
- Pros: Take this messenger bag to school, to work, on vacation — anywhere. It’s beautiful and sophisticated, and you can sling it over your back if you don’t want it across one shoulder.
- Cons: It’ll fit up to a 14″ laptop, so if you’ve got something bigger, this may not be the bag for you.
6. Unisex Brown Cork Vegan Messenger Bag by Corkor
Check out this vegan starter kit
- Handmade by artisans in Portugal, this unisex messenger bag is crafted with gorgeously textured and eco-friendly brown cork.
- The lined interior features an array of smaller pockets and holders for your iPhone, tablet, pens, and more.
- Zips shut to hold in all your belongings safely and securely.
- Advertised as vegan: Yes.
- Pros: According to the vendor, this bag is PETA-approved. It has a leather-like quality but with more detail from the dappled cork patterns. It’s truly unique.
- Cons: Beautiful indeed, but this one costs a pretty penny.
7. Men’s Black Range Messenger Bag By Incase Designs
- Need a durable bicycle bag? Check out Incase Designs’ black Range messenger bag with a flexible body for transporting anything from your laptop to extra clothes.
- It is constructed with side pockets and a padded laptop compartment.
- Flap top fastens with tactical strap clips.
- Advertised as vegan: No, but it’s polyester and nylon.
- Pros: It makes a perfect bike or hiking bag thanks to its expandable fabric design and trusty clip fasteners.
- Cons: It’s meant for an active lifestyle, but it may not transition well to a work/business environment.
8. Black Faux Leather Unisex Messenger Bag by French Connection
- Built for anyone and everyone, this black faux leather French Connection bag is simple, neat, and tasteful.
- Open internal design with a zippered side pocket.
- The flap top has a small zip pocket and secures with magnetic closures.
- Advertised as vegan: No. This bag is all faux leather.
- Pros: Thanks to its no-frills elegance, this bag is multi-purpose and can go to the office or the coffee shop. Just throw it over your shoulder with khakis and a bomber jacket, and you’re good to go.
- Cons: The single compartment might be a little unstructured if you’re looking for some comprehensive organization.
9. Men’s Marshall Chestnut Faux Leather Messenger Bag by Peter Werth
- This men’s chestnut brown faux leather bag can be your new office bag or carryall with multiple pockets and pouches on the front and sides.
- It is lined inside with a lightly padded slip pocket for your electronics.
- The flap top closes with magnetic snaps.
- Advertised as vegan: No, but the material is faux leather.
- Pros: The versatility of this bag makes it plenty functional for work or travel. It’s down-to-earth, elegant, and practical with all of its extra outer pockets.
- Cons: It looks like it may have somewhat limited room inside for the big items, but it shouldn’t be a problem if you don’t need to take a ton of stuff with you.
10. Men’s Black Faux Leather Messenger Bag by Fred Perry
- Fred Perry brings you an iconic, sporty messenger bag in black distressed faux leather with white piping and horizontal stripes.
- Zippers shut across the top.
- Features the Fred Perry logo in gold on the bottom front.
- Advertised as vegan: No. The materials listed are faux leather and polyurethane.
- Pros: Contemporary urban style you can wear with denim and Chelsea boots or sweats and sneakers. Use this for a gym bag, a day bag, or travel luggage.
- Cons: It’s one of the higher-priced messenger bags out there.
Want more vegan bags and backpacks? We’ve compiled over 17 different styles of vegan bags and where you can buy them. See them all here!
Want to take all of the guess-work around going vegan?
Click here to check out the Vegan Starter Kit.