Are you trying to find the best small blender for protein shakes? Then you’ve come to the right place. We’ve rounded up 5 of the top options that you should consider.
Let’s jump right in…
Best Small Blenders That Can Make Protein Shakes
The NutriBullet 12-Piece High-Speed Blender is one of the best blenders currently on the market. If you’re starting out in the gym and need a good blender, then this trusty blender might be the one for you. It’s extremely easy to use, and it’s quite lightweight at that.
Despite this, it doesn’t make the whole gym aware of your presence by being annoyingly loud. All in all, it’s definitely one of the best blenders you could go for.
- It’s very lightweight. This is great because it lets you carry it anywhere without being an exercise routine for itself. It’s ideal if your trip to the gym is long, or if you travel around a lot. It’s also great for trips to outdoor gyms or competitions.
- The containers are surprisingly simple and easy to use. At first glance it seems complicated, however, all of the functions of the blender are easy to understand.
- The make of the blender is extremely high-quality, you won’t be finding many manufacturing mistakes in this Blender. This makes it great if you’re looking for a reliable pick to buy once and forget about.
- At 600 watt, this blender is quite powerful. You’ll find that it has absolutely no problem blending pretty much anything, ranging from banana and strawberries to nuts. This is great if you’re a lover of more complicated, non-water based shakes.
- The lids being leak and spillproof is another great advantage. In some blenders, it can happen that while blending, something spills out. With the NutriBullet, that won’tbe occuring.
- The blender is quite quiet, which is rather surprising given it’s high power, however, this is most definitely a plus.
- The lids don’t have holes, so you’ll have to put them on and take them off every time you use them. This can be annoying at times, though it’s mostly a security measure.
- All of the versatile options it offers you can be a bit overwhelming for a beginner.
If all you want is the maximum possible efficiency when it comes to extracting juices from fruits and vegetables, then you should take a look at the Nutri Ninja Pro. It features an extremely powerful, 900 watt motor which will make pretty much any blend in a breeze.
- It is extremely easy to use. This blender will make any kind of shake you want quite easily because of its extremely powerful motor. It lets the blender easily mince even the smallest of fibers.
- If you’re looking at other uses for your blender, then you’ll be pleased to find that it has a whopping 75 recipes already front-loaded into itself.
- It’s quite versatile. The powerful motor makes this a great pick in case you’re not sure what exactly you want from your blender just yet. If you’re just starting out, then this one might be the choice for you!
- This blender is made out of really durable plastic. While it might not be as tough as metal, it is a lot easier to wash and take care of than metal is.
- Surprisingly for its performance, the Nutri Ninja isn’t very expensive, making it ideal for beginners.
- This thing is, for lack of a better word- loud as heck. If you have any issue with everyone in the block hearing you blend your protein shake, then you should probably skip this one.
If you’re looking for a quality blender that you can use whereever you go, you might want to try out this one. Its cute design goes with a variety of outfits, and it does what it needs to do. While its motor is only 175 watt, that’s plenty for simple shakes, as well as those using soft fruits.
- It is extremely easy to use, in fact, the company boasts that all you need to do in order to start blending is press a single button. Surprisingly, this is actually entirely accurate, and the blender will easily blend from just a single touch.
- It is BPA-free and safe, this ensures that pretty much nothing can go wrong while you’re using it in terms of safety. This makes it an ideal blender to have in case you’re part of a larger household.
- The parts are quite durable. This is excellent because you won’t be needing to replace this one anytime soon.
- The jar and the lid can all be washed in a dishwasher, which is great for cleaning, since hand-cleaning blenders can be a massive pain. This functionality helps evade that completely.
- The cord wraps around the blender, this makes it extremely easy to take pretty much anywhere, ranging from your gym to a picnic or any good old trip.
- If you do not have a dishwasher, this blender will be hell to clean. All the parts aren’t precisely the easiest to clean manually. This can give users quite some frustration.
- It isn’t known for its ability to grind very well, if you’ve got some tougher stuff, you might want to go for a different blender.
This blender has an excellent, sleek design, and is greatly suited for those of us that are always on the go. If you’re looking for the ideal blender to take everywhere, then the Oster might just be the one for you. It’s blisteringly fast, and packs quite a bit of power given its small size. It’s packed with a 400 watt motor(250 of which are used for blending) which is plenty for grinding down anything you want to put in a protein shake.
- It’s quite small, which enables you to take it pretty much anywhere you’d like. This added portability is especially useful if you travel a lot because you won’t be needing to carry a blender the size of a minifridge with you.
- It’s extremely easy to wash. This is because the exterior is made out of easy to wash plastic, while the blades are made of stainless steel. Both of these materials are very easy to clean, so you won’t be looking at much hassle with the Oster.
- It’s quite powerful given its size. The company boasts that the 250 watts of blending power are strong enough to blend ice. This is especially great if you like some nuts and harder vegetables/fruits in your protein shake.
- It’s dishwasher-compatible meaning that you don’t have to wash it by hand every time, rather, just put it in the dishwasher and forget about it.
- Some users have complained about the blender’s durability. They stated that the blender broke after only a few weeks of use. On the other hand, many others have faced no such issues.
- There have been reports of leaking, although many satisfied customers haven’t experienced this.
If you’re looking for something in between a really small blender that can make one batch every time, and a monster like the previous one, then this blender might be your ideal pick. The 1100 watt motor is more than enough for quite literally everything you would ever want to put in a blender. It also uses additional, patented crushing technology to get an edge on its competition. If you’re looking for an easy to use, medium blender, then this is for you.
- It’s very easy to use. You’d think a middle of the pack blender like this one would be a difficult beast to get the hang of, but it’s quite the opposite really. It’s extremely easy to blend with this blender, and chances are you won’t look up the instructions manual at all.
- It’s versatile- the blender will let you make pretty much anything under the sun. It has no limits when it comes to what it can and can’t blend. Well, unlike the previous entry it would probably struggle with straight-up wood, but as long as you’re making protein shakes this will be more than sufficient.
- The blades are very high-quality and are known to stay sharp for years on end without needing to get sharpened after use. This is great, because sharpening blades is not only a hard process, but an annoying one as well.
- The cups of this blender are, well, quite small. While that’s not the end of the world, it can get in the way of making larger shake batches, and sometimes makes it so you have to use it twice to make enough protein shake for you.
- Its durability is midling at best. The plastic it is made out of, while not terrible, has not performed well for some users, and some of those have reported serious issues with the blender’s durability. On the other hand, many users have had no such problems.
Factors to Consider in a Protein shake Blender
You don’t want to haul something the size of a minifridge to the gym. This is fairly simple, yes? With that being said, there’s a lot of variation in between sizes. For example, a really small protein blender might not be able to fit enough powder in it comfortably if you’re a bulkier person. This is why it’s important to analyze your needs. If you only drink your shakes at home, then a bigger one might suit you just fine.
If it’s going to be sitting in your kitchen, you want the blender to look good and be easy to store. Think about this when you’re choosing the best one and consider your color scheme along with the extra space that you have available.
You don’t want your stuff to break. This goes double for your protein blender. After all, it’s a thing of convenience. You buy a protein blender so you don’t have to do it yourself. You don’t want to be running to the store every two weeks to buy a new one, because at that point it isn’t exactly “convenient.” Because of this, looking for how well made your protein blender is extremely important.
It’s also quite likely that your blender will tumble and fall a lot, and you don’t want it to break with your protein shake inside it.
Do you want to spend $1000 on a protein blender? Well, neither do we. At a certain price point, you’re getting pretty much the same blender except it looks a bit fancier/has a better brand. Paying for unneeded features is, well, not needed. Because of that, we’ll be weighing the price into our approximations.
Ease Of Use
If you’ve ever looked at a protein blender online, seen what seems to be the command center of a rocket, and noped right out, you know what we’re talking about here. You want your protein blender to be easy to use. It isn’t enough to simply blend well, it needs to do it simply, and without requiring you to be familiar with a thick manual to do so.
What Kind Of Shake You Like
What kind of shake you like is quite important in deciding on your blender. If you take water+powder shakes, you’ll want one kind of blender, meanwhile, if you add fruits and vegetables you’ll want another. The more complicated your shake, the more specific of a blender you’ll be looking for.
With what you need being matched with the features that a given blender possesses, it should now be easy to pick one. We’ve looked at the 5 that are most likely to hit a wide variety of niches, so hopefully, you’ve found a good blender that fits your exact needs.
Overall, the Ninja Professional BL660 with Small To Go Cups is a fantastic pick for it’s power and versatility, even though it is slightly larger.
Keep in mind that durability and ease of use are two very important factors, if a blender looks like it’s hard to use, it’s probably not worth the hassle. Also always keep in mind when there’s a guarantee because it adds more value for the offer.
BONUS: If you're a fan of vegan tofu dishes and want to make your tofu extra flavorful, consider draining out the excess moisture by pressing it. Check out our best tofu press guide.