Whether you're looking for a thermos for hot food, soup, coffee, water, your kids and much more - you're in the right place.
We've compiled the best products and brands so you can find the exact thermos to suit your needs. Let's begin!
The Contigo is a sleek and simple example of an insulated vacuum thermos. It's tall and thin, which makes it easy to fit into cup holders.
By having a vacuum seal lid, this thermos allows you to keep hot drinks hot up to 7 hours and cold drinks cold up to 18.
Unlike other thermoses which can require two hands to properly open the lid to take a sip, the Contigo's ergonomic button allows you to do it with just one, making it ideal for multitasking.
- Available in over ten stylish and fun colors.
- You can get this insulated thermos in three different sizes.
- Made out of tough stainless steel.
- The lid is dishwasher-safe to make the cleanup even easier.
- Vacuum insulation keeps your drinks hot for up to 7 hours and cold for up to 18 hours.
- Some people have reported that the lid is difficult to get clean.
- There are a few reports of the thermos retaining beverage odors after washing.
See Also: Best Cast Iron Tea pots
This other Contigo thermos is the more basic version of the Autoseal unit. Instead of coming with a spring-loaded vacuum sealed button, it comes with a tight snap seal which the user just flicks up or down to take a sip or to close it up.
It has a bit less insulated power than the Autoseal, but will still keep your hot beverages like coffee hot for up to 6 hours. Consider the SnapSeal model if you want something that's a bit more simple.
- Tons of different colors to choose from.
- Has a grip built onto the outside so it won't slip out of your hand.
- Can keep your warm drinks hot for up to 6 hours and cold for 12 hours.
- The thermos is completely free of BPA.
- You can safely run the lid through your dishwasher.
- A few owners have reported that it can be hard to open this thermos with one hand.
Related Article: Best Air Fryer for Tofu (But Should You Even Get One?)
- The double-walled construction of the tumbler can take a beating.
- You can run the lid through your dishwasher when you're done.
- Designed to fit into the average cupholder - no more worrying about your thermos falling out of the cup holders in your car.
- The thermos is entirely BPA-free.
- It has a No Sweat Design, which keeps the thermos dry and free from condensation.
Recommended Article: Best Soy Milk Makers 2019 Edition (Our #4 Pick Will Surprise You)
- The lid can be difficult to put on and remove.
- Can hold complete meals inside it.
- Capable of keeping ingredients hot and cold for up to 6 hours.
- If necessary, any of the bowls in the thermos are microwave-safe for a quick warm-up.
- The container is made out of safe BPA-free plastic.
- Available in several sleek colors.
Further Reading: 10 Best Veggie Noodle Maker Options that Will Change The Way You Eat
- Comes in five different colors to personalize your thermos.
- Durable enough to be used by kids and resist wear and tear.
- Has a large opening that makes it easy to fill.
- Made out of safe BPA-free materials.
Related Article: Does Making Your Own Nut Butter Save Money?
- There's a powder coating on the outside that prevents it from slipping from your hand.
- The flask is dishwasher-safe, which makes the cleanup easy.
- TempShield technology keeps your food or drinks at a stable temperature for hours.
- Three different appealing colors to choose from.
- It looks plainer than other thermoses on our list.
- It can be expensive.
- Includes a foldable stainless steel spoon and a serving bowl.
- Stays cool to the touch, even if you have hot food in it.
- Available in tons of colors.
- The wide mouth makes it a breeze to clean and eat from.
- Sweat-proof, so it won't slip while you hold it.
- There are some reports of the rubber seal coming off the lid and being difficult to put back on.
- The 16-ounce capacity makes it useful for both adults and children.
What to Consider When Buying an INsulated Thermos
So how do you decide which thermos to choose? We think there are a few things you should keep in mind, including the following characteristics:
Your first consideration for your insulated thermos or flask should be the size. As you can see just by looking at this list alone, thermoses come in a plethora of sizes.
The way you determine which size is best for your needs is to think about what you're going to use it for. If you're planning to pack lunches in it, you'll probably want a smaller size for a child and a larger size for an adult.
On the other hand, if you're going to use your thermos almost solely for drinks, consider who's going to be drinking from it. Adults rushing to work with a coffee in tow will likely be able to drink more than kids taking a bottle of water to school.
Generally, you'll find thermoses ranging anywhere from 12 to 32 ounces in size. Look for larger sizes if you want to pour food in it, and look for smaller to medium sizes for drinks.
When you think of a thermos, you probably imagine a plain, stainless steel cylinder with no markings on it other than maybe a logo. These days, self-expression is important to many, and if that sounds vital to you, a boring stainless steel canister likely won't appeal to you.
Fortunately, there are tons of thermos options out there. No matter what your style is, you can probably find a thermos to match. Whether you like pretty pastel colors, bold patterns, or edgy looks, there's a thermos out there that you'll be proud to carry along with you.
The material of a thermos is crucial. It affects how well the thermos retains hot or cold temperatures, how long-lived it is, and even how easy it is to clean.
Plastic, for instance, is lightweight and easy to carry...but it's notorious for clinging to food odors long after the fact. It's also not as durable as some other options.
Stainless steel is usually the way to go when it comes to thermoses. It's tough, resistant to rust, and simple to clean.
However, it's not just stainless steel you should look for - consider looking for double-walled stainless steel thermoses, as they can keep a stable temperature even longer.
We feel that it's made from an incredibly trustworthy company, and we love how it includes a spoon and a bowl. It's the ultimate lunchtime accessory.