While we already did a post about vegan fur jackets here, vegan fur coats are a little bit different. Jackets are lighter, while coats are longer, thicker and meant for colder weather. You'll find faux options for both men and women below...
Check it out...
1. Women's Buttoned Teddy Coat From Fashion Union
- If you've been following the outerwear trends, you know that teddy coats are all the rage. Here's a vegan version in earthy tobacco.
- Mid-length and single-breasted.
- Features notched lapels and slip pockets.
- Advertised as vegan: No, but it's 100% polyester.
- Pros: It's got high-end appeal from its fawn family tone to the longline silhouette. This is the coat for every outfit, whether that's heels and a skirt or sneakers and checked pants.
- Cons: There's nothing wrong with it per se. But we can tell you that teddy coats come in a variety of shapes and sizes. Fabulous as it is, this one may or may not be the length and cut you're searching for.
2. Men's Longline Burgundy Overcoat by Asos Design
- Handsome is as handsome does. Get this burgundy overcoat with notch lapels to spruce up your winter wear.
- Nice and long for protection against the elements.
- Button-up design.
- Advertised as vegan: No, but don't worry—it's faux fur.
- Pros: With its refined appearance, there's nowhere you couldn't take this coat. Plus, the burgundy shade is easy to mix with any color and pattern.
- Cons: None that stand out.
3. Women's Fawn Faux Fur Coat by Express
- Soften the harsh winter days with this ladies' vegan fur coat in fawn from Express.
- Designed with a shawl collar and hook fasteners.
- Gracefully long for a sweeping look.
- Advertised as vegan: No. However, it's all synthetic.
- Pros: Is it cocktail (or mocktail) hour yet? Wear this coat with your shiniest frocks and sparkliest jewelry.
- Cons: It's a bit of an occasion piece, so you might not get to wear it as often as you'd like. Then again, rules are made to be broken.
4. Men's Faux Fur Coat from H&M
Check out this vegan starter kit
- Decadent in feel and appearance, H&M's faux fur coat for guys has hidden hook-and-eye fastening for a seamless look.
- Made with welt hip pockets and a convenient inner pocket.
- Falls approximately to the knee.
- Advertised as vegan: No, but it's faux fur.
- Pros: Frosty wind tunnels are no match for this coat. Wear it with smart vegan leather boots and dress-casual pants.
- Cons: It's a bit fancier in terms of outerwear for work and more relaxed affairs.
5. Women's Checkerboard Faux Fur Coat from Topshop
- Checkerboard is essential for this season's wardrobe. Why not make a statement with this avant-garde masterpiece?
- Designed with large black and white checks.
- Double-breasted with notch lapels.
- Advertised is vegan: No, but it's synthetic.
- Pros: Got a fancy party to attend? Don't skimp on the outerwear. Show off this gorgeous coat with solid colors underneath.
- Cons: You might want to make sure your outfit doesn't compete with a striking coat like this.
6. Men's Oversized Faux Fur Coat by Asos Design
- Nippy weather can't touch you in this stone-colored faux for coat with a stylishly oversized fit.
- Constructed with hip pockets and a secret inner pocket.
- Made with shawl lapels and hook-and-eye fasteners.
- Advertised as vegan: No. But the materials are human-made.
- Pros: This is a great coat for getting that rock-and-roll vibe with graphic tees and ripped jeans. Or dress it up with a button-down and pleated pants. It's all about how you rock it.
- Cons: Faux fur can easily trap dust and dirt. A light coat like this one would probably benefit from frequent cleaning.
7. Women's Tiger Stripe Faux Fur Coat by Missguided
- Asos is really knocking it out of the park with these faux fur gems. Missguided's tiger stripe coat in orangy-brown and black is edgy and awesome.
- Designed with an oversized notch collar and hip pockets.
- Fastens with hidden hook closures.
- Advertised as vegan: No, but it's faux fur.
- Pros: Leopard print is easy to come by, but tiger stripes are new and exciting. This is perfect for distressed skinny jeans, but feel free to pair it with a slinky dress on a night out.
- Cons: As with other heavily patterned coats, you'll likely be choosy with what you wear under it.
8. Men's Longline Faux Fur Coat from Forever 21
- Really, is there any need to look beyond this coat for everyday wear?
- Made of plush black faux fur.
- Designed with breezy snap buttons and notch lapels.
- Advertised as vegan: No, but it's totally synthetic.
- Pros: Vegan fur coats are fashionable but often pricey. You can snag this inexpensive coat for work, weekends, parties, you name it.
- Cons: Just that it's marked "final sale," so you can't return it after you order it.
9. Women's Moonlit Faux Shearling Coat by Ariat
- If fancy fur coats aren't your thing, faux shearling is your friend. This taupe coat is simple and elegant with an oversized, overlapping collar and asymmetrical closure.
- Constructed with slip pockets and snap button fasteners.
- Mid-length design falls to the hips.
- Advertised as vegan: No, but it's polyester.
- Pros: It's lighter on the purse than other faux fur coats, but not on style. Slip it over your daily separates and melt into the plushy material.
- Cons: It may not be great for dressier attire.
10. Men's Colorful Striped Faux Fur Coat by Fried Rice
- Get funkier with your style. This creamy coat from NYC designer Fried Rice is shaggy and eye-catching with teal and maroon stripes.
- Hooded and lined with maroon corduroy fabric.
- Buttons up and falls to knee-length.
- Advertised as vegan: No. But the materials are vegan.
- Pros: You march to the beat of your own drum. Wear this coat for a confidence boost with your jeans and tees—no need to get complicated with a stylish coat like this.
- Cons: That price.
Want to take all of the guess-work around going vegan?
Click here to check out the Vegan Starter Kit.